FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Customer service question for all

standready
Are you as likely to send a comment to a corporate office for an employee providing you with excellent or do you just comment on bad service?
I do both. When an employee goes beyond what I expect, I let corporate know about this person by name. Hopefully this gets that person some recognition.
If I get poor service, I also let corporate know but never name the person. I just list time of day and maybe department.
Nameless
I'm kind of a wimp IRL, so if I received poor service I'd probably just make a mental note to avoid that company in the future. (Or return, for good service. Vote with your wallet and all.) Although if it's very bad I am not above telling the employee exactly why they're incompetent and then walking out. Telling corporate you've had bad service without naming the individual is likely worthless since they won't be able to do anything specific about it.
ExMachina
I generally don't communicate with the higher-ups in either incident, because I honestly believe that in most instances saying something isn't going to change a bloody thing, whether it was poor service or excellent service. It will, however, influence my decision to continue patronizing the establishment, whether it be some big box retailer or a local restaurant.

The only voice you can speak with is your wallet.
_AVG_
Yeah, I too rarely comment on anything self-motivatedly. I only give feedback if asked; many times, the Customer Service representative I speak to asks me whether I liked the service; that's probably because the call was being recorded or something.
standready
Nameless wrote:
Telling corporate you've had bad service without naming the individual is likely worthless since they won't be able to do anything specific about it.

ExMachina wrote:
I generally don't communicate with the higher-ups in either incident, because I honestly believe that in most instances saying something isn't going to change a bloody thing, whether it was poor service or excellent service.

Well, I must disagree with both of you. Corporate absolutely hates to hear about poor service because they want your wallet. When I submit a good comment, I hear nothing. When I submit a bad comment, I almost always receive a call from the local store manager.
One manager knew who I was speaking of but gave the entire staff a reminder speech about about serving customers which she stated was over due.
Most recent problem involved corporate not properly notifying stores of advertised discounts and updating computer system to reflect those discounts.
Both times, local managers gave me gift cards as a way to try to keep my business (wallet). I have not used either yet though.
ExMachina
standready wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Telling corporate you've had bad service without naming the individual is likely worthless since they won't be able to do anything specific about it.

ExMachina wrote:
I generally don't communicate with the higher-ups in either incident, because I honestly believe that in most instances saying something isn't going to change a bloody thing, whether it was poor service or excellent service.

Well, I must disagree with both of you. Corporate absolutely hates to hear about poor service because they want your wallet. When I submit a good comment, I hear nothing. When I submit a bad comment, I almost always receive a call from the local store manager.
One manager knew who I was speaking of but gave the entire staff a reminder speech about about serving customers which she stated was over due.
Most recent problem involved corporate not properly notifying stores of advertised discounts and updating computer system to reflect those discounts.
Both times, local managers gave me gift cards as a way to try to keep my business (wallet). I have not used either yet though.

Well honestly, I'm pretty lazy so that's probably the main reason...I find it easier to simply not return if I've had a bad experience and take my business elsewhere. However, if someones handing out gift cards to disgruntled customers then I'll certainly start filing my complaints. Laughing
standready
ExMachina wrote:
if someones handing out gift cards to disgruntled customers

I do not file in hopes or expectation of anything other than a response and hopefully an apology. I have never asked for a gift card. Some, as they want your continued wallet, will. I will not go back into a store if I filed a bad comment and received no response at all. That just tells me that the company, as a whole, does not care.