FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What are movies that touch your heart and inspired you?

riccknight
Titanic and 3 Idiots are the movies which are so close to my feelings.and i am also inspired by these movies.

chatrack
Hi,

I used to see action films, but they can not inspire me, but sure they make me existed.

Last day I saw, "A Christmas Karol" , an animated film, which reveal many moral of life.
I think it is equally good for grown up and kids.
shivaghimire
riccknight wrote:
Titanic and 3 Idiots are the movies which are so close to my feelings.and i am also inspired by these movies.

I my view too, 3 idiots, a bollywood movie is the best movie which inspire a lot to me. It is the best movie of my life I ever seen. Its for students. I suggest to watch movie once.
ocalhoun
It's an odd combination, I suppose, but fight club inspires me, while the last unicorn 'touches' me at times...
chasbeen
Bambi, up to 10 years ago because I used to love fluffy animals but after living in North America for 10 years and seeing all the road kill ( Indeed adding to it )
I don't feel the same about it.
ExMachina
chasbeen wrote:
Bambi, up to 10 years ago because I used to love fluffy animals but after living in North America for 10 years and seeing all the road kill ( Indeed adding to it )

Not as impactful that the hunter kills Bambi's mother when you see the motorist killing Bambi's mother, Thumper and Flower several times a day. Laughing
ocalhoun
ExMachina wrote:
chasbeen wrote:

Not as impactful that the hunter kills Bambi's mother when you see the motorist killing Bambi's mother, Thumper and Flower several times a day. Laughing

I killed a baby deer that way once, hitting it with my truck*...

I would have avoided it if I could, but I don't feel too bad, really... Just carrying out the role of natural selection... The ones that are smart enough to not suddenly dash out in front of a truck will survive and pass on their genes... and hopefully end up helping deer evolve into a species that doesn't get hit by cars so much.

*Hit it at about 55mph, and not even the slightest dent in the truck! Those 60's F-250's are built like a tank. ^.^
chasbeen
Ocu : I had a brown sh** covered side of car with $3000 worth of damage.
I could not find any bits of meat for dinner.
Sorry if this is a bit off topic.
u16888
I like monkey king cartoon , it was created 40 yrs ago in shanghai.
cresvale
There're many.
foumy6
hmm I can't really think of one that touched my heart except well i cannot watch pet movies because you know that the end of all them the pet will die and thats sad Sad lol
apple
Quote:

My sisters keeper (for those who have not seen it, I will not spoil it by saying anything)
Brother Bear (yes its an animation but the support and sense of family always gets me)
Fight Club
Braveheart
The Patriot
The boy in the stripped pajamas (I learned that being narrow minded can lead to losing the most important things/people in your life)
deanhills
Braveheart is a good choice Apple. Did things for me too. I also like the Scarlet and the Black, the music had me completely inspired. V for Vendetta was also pretty good. Have not seen recent movies that inspired me.
Ghost Rider103
Thread moved to movies and television section.
mgeek
That would be The Sound of Music and Camelot
caroline953
Twilight is the most heart touching movie that I have seen so far. It is a series of four vampire-themed fantasy romance novels by American author Stephenie Meyer. It charts a period in the life of Isabella "Bella" Swan, a teenage girl who moves to Forks, Washington, and falls in love with a 104-year-old vampire named Edward Cullen. The series is told primarily from Bella's point of view, with the epilogue of Eclipse and Part II of Breaking Dawn being told from the viewpoint of character Jacob Black, a werewolf.
menino
There are lots of movies that inspire everyone, and one that inpired me was "Fireproof". Its mainly drama, and I felt really nice watching it, as well as being inspired.

Another movie that is really sad is an animated movie called "graveyard of the fireflies".

One of the movies that I like to watch over and over again is "confidence" starring Edward Burns.

I also like "Hunt for red october" which shows about confidence and management.

I like Braveheart as well, but kind of getting bored of it now.

I loved 3 idiots, which is a hindi movie, but really great watching it.

Also another hindi movie I like is "Taare zameen par" - quite touching actually.
Blummer
Titanic and more movies from 90s.
cynusalisa
When I watched the movie Titanic then I was really Inspired by the movie..........The story of this movie really touched my heart..
Blummer
Maybe it was Back to the future. Smile One of those which you can watch so many times and still can't get enough.
dude_xyx
When I was a little kid probably around age 11 - 13 I watched this movie called Wildflower. It was not a big hit or that I haven't found it anywhere in local DVD shops still now. This movie left something inside me which is something really hard to explain. It's an very heartfelt movie.
deanhills
How about "Touching the Void", which is a true story of Joe Simpson who was climbing a mountain with a buddy of his, Simon Yates. Joe broke his leg badly, and while his buddy was trying to help him get down a treacherous mountain slope, an accident happened when Joe Simpson was dangling on a line over a deep mountain crevice. Simon Yates had to make a decision. Either cut the rope and save his life, or fall into the crevice with Joe. Great story. The book was incredibly well written and had me really motivated, perhaps a little more so than the movie had. Joe Simpson is a very talented writer and all of his books without an exception are recommended reading.

Hello_World
The most 'moving' movie I ever watched is called 'The Stoning of Soraya M' don't watch it alone.

Perhaps 'disturbed' is more appropriate than 'moved'.

Also another good touching movie is The Children of Men.
savable
I know there are two movies that realy get inspiration and learned a lot after watching more than 2 3 times both movies. Both movies were of willsmith (Persuit of happiness and I am the legend) .
Blummer
I can also refer to Lotr. I know many people refer to it, but it coincided with many of my feelings and what I still feel like. It was a big experience for me, including reading the books and other works by Tolkien. But the film...People say it doesn't follow Tolkien much. Well it could've been longer - only because of including skipped sequences. I'm sure decades later Lotr will still shine.
portoskt
few years ago i have stop to watch movies which touch my heart... i have enough problems in my life, i dont need to care about someone else problems too ((
LegendVPN
I've watched a lot of movies that have touched me and/or inspired but I can't remember all of it.
I'm just going to enumerate those I remember.

First of course, The Passion of the Christ.

50 First Dates

The Time Traveler's Wife

He's Not Just That Into You

The Phantom of the Opera

and so much, much more.