FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Another blast in Delhi , the capital of India

bukaida
A powerful blast took place at 10:15 am on 7th sept, 2011 at the Delhi High Court at Gate no 5. Ten people have died and 50 have been been injured; six of them have been described as being in very critical condition. The injured have been taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital; most have shrapnel injuries.
Won't there be any end to this ?

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/delhi-blast-huji-claims-responsibility-132021

http://in.news.yahoo.com/huji-claims-responsibility-delhi-blast-092910652.html

Video clip
shivaghimire
Why do you think there are yearly and deadly blasts in India every year? Its being bad nowadays. Why does India facing this?
sudipbanerjee
Not only India many other Country also facing this problem. I think it is a world crime and we have to fight against it unitedly
bukaida
The terrorism has no boundaries. It is spread over the entire world. It has now become a profession rathar than ideology. Some sort of mass contract killing for money.
ocalhoun
bukaida wrote:
It has now become a profession rathar than ideology. Some sort of mass contract killing for money.

Really?
I would like to see more info about these terrorists-for-hire...
I thought most did it for ideological reasons.
bukaida
ocalhoun wrote:
bukaida wrote:
It has now become a profession rathar than ideology. Some sort of mass contract killing for money.

Really?
I would like to see more info about these terrorists-for-hire...
I thought most did it for ideological reasons.

I can give example on a small naxalite group spread over three to four states in india and are operational on roads by using landmines and IDEs. They are known as Maoists and operate in rural tribal area where people are very poor (there are incidents where some of them even died fasting as they donot have money to buy food). Those area, the leaders of this party goes for recruitment drive among the tribal youth where they not only offer the regular salary but also a hefty insurence to their family if they are killed in police encounter. They cannot be termed anything except professional mercenaries. They even has the pension scheme for the retired/ handicapped members.
The above facts are told to police by the members who got caught. These people are bound to do this because of their poverty.

http://www.timesnow.tv/Desperate-Maoists-recruit-children/articleshow/4343238.cms

Once a suicide bomber was caught in Kashmir, India. When he was interrogated, he informed that he has five brothers and four sisters ( not very uncommon in the highly populated country like India)who all are starving. he got this proposal that he(actualy his family)will get a hefty amount if he does
this.So he decided to do it in order to save others.
ocalhoun
Well, I guess there are some there.

Luckily, though, that gives one solution to help alleviate the problem... If they could get rid of the desperate poverty, they would greatly reduce the terrorists' ability to recruit.
bukaida
Thats not easy. Everytime the government sends any relief operation, is blown off by their landmines. If a school is established, the teachers are being shot dead in broad daylight by them in front of the school children. The police stations are blown up every now and then. The doctors in the health center are killed. These people runs a parallel government in these rural area which is the border of three states and full of forests and hills. So the government had to deploy the army here for the last couple of years. The leaders know very well that once these tribals become educated and employed, their era will come to an end. So they will try their level best to prevent it.
ocalhoun
bukaida wrote:
The leaders know very well that once these tribals become educated and employed, their era will come to an end. So they will try their level best to prevent it.

Ah, then it will be very difficult... You have to educate and employ those people... while under constant guard... No easy task.

Perhaps the best strategy would be to focus on one small region at a time; the largest area that they could completely secure. Then, educate and employ the people there and get that little area stabilized. Then, move on to the next area and repeat.

Even then though, it's a daunting task, and will have lots of setbacks.
I do think that's the only way they can fix the problem though, rather than just suppressing the symptoms of the problem.
Gitesh
The sad part is that the politicians dont have clear cut agenda to end terrorism.the major ruling party congress has a votebank of minority community of muslims and hence they dont take strong actions against the culprits. The recent case of Afzal guru, the parliament attacker is well known, he is still not hanged despite the courts verdict because congress thinks it may anger the muslims and they may loose the votes from this community. But the fact is that the indian muslims are strongly against this terrorists which was proved by the community which opposed the burial of pakistani terrorists in their graveyards.. When willour politicians understand this and avoid caste based politics.
sudipbanerjee
[quote="Gitesh"]The sad part is that the politicians dont have clear cut agenda to end terrorism.

I am not agree with you. Politicians have a clear cut agenda about terroism. But the agenda is not to end to it they just want to continue it. I doubt there are a lot of politicians behind terroism. True investigation can unfold all mystery.
menino
I don't think there is really a clear-cut agenda to end terrorism.
Terrorism involves getting what you want with extreme means involving the loss of lives and property.
If Government gives into it, then a lot more factions will form as terrorist groups to get what they want.
Education of extremist factions may help to resolve the problem, but also, yes politics has a way of derailing the progress of certain laws and justice.
And with Politics, how can one really investigate the politicians, if they run the country. Who will the independent investigating body be under?

The US has also been on an anti-terrorism path since decades, and its still not overcome it, even with the death of Osama.
Terrorism is an evil that can crop up from anywhere, unfortunately, and its not just in India.
Also in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, South Africa, Spain and many other countries.
deanhills
Could also be that people are short of jobs? If people are poor they'd do almost anything to earn money so that they can feed their families. Like the farmers in Afghanistan who are involved in the drugs trade.