I just ate 5-6 kiwis and now my mouth and lips hurts. When I only eat one kiwi I usually don't feel anything or just as little that I don't always think about it. I know many people get this when eating kiwis but I was wondering if everyone's mouth hurts if they eat enough kiwis? Are some people immune to kiwis?
Never has bothered me but then I seldom have more than a few slices.
Yeah I know what you mean, those New Zealand hobos can pack one hell of a punch if you let them struggle for too long.
... wait, what were you talking about?
My Mum doen't eat them because they affect her straight away in this way, but I love to eat kiwifruit.
lol @ Nameless I fear my mouth will hurt if I ate either the bird or the people...
I can't respond to this poll as I've never actually consumed a kiwi...
To clarify, by kiwi I mean kiwifruit and not the bird.
I know, I have never consumed a kiwifruit or a flightless bird native to New Zealand.
Damn, you people eat kiwi.
We use kiwi to shine our shoes.
Anyways, what does a kiwifruit look like?
Kiwis don't hurt my mouth when I eat them... but I don't think I've ever eaten more than two in a row.
It was probly all the acid and other things in the kiwis its not good to eat things like that in bulk
Have you thought about the possibility that you may be allergic to Kiwis??? This may not be the case, but it's possible! For me, the culprit was cantaloupe. I used to eat it all the time and if I had just a few bites, nothing weird would happen. If I ate more than that, my lips would feel weird sometimes and my throat would feel sort of itchy/sore a bit, and I never ever thought that this was unusual (I just thought this was a normal thing that cantaloupes did to you, since I'd always experienced that! kind of like the pineapple/raw tongue thing). Well, one day I ate ONE small bite of cantaloupe and my throat almost completely closed up. I had to call 911 (Emergency) and an ambulance rushed to me and gave me one of those Epi-Pen shots or whatever they're called.
My point is, that it could be a slight allergy, and allergies CAN get worse, so be careful!
Kiwis and Pineapple both make my mouth feel like I just sucked on battery acid(Not that I have ever done that). This may seem odd but when I know I am going to eat pineapple or kiwis or even as I read this topic about kiwis I feel a small amount of acid in my mouth, I know its weird but I think it is my body preparing for the acid.