FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kiwis hurts your mouth

Do your mouth hurt after eating kiwi?
Never
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Sometimes
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Always
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Peterssidan
I just ate 5-6 kiwis and now my mouth and lips hurts. When I only eat one kiwi I usually don't feel anything or just as little that I don't always think about it. I know many people get this when eating kiwis but I was wondering if everyone's mouth hurts if they eat enough kiwis? Are some people immune to kiwis?
standready
Never has bothered me but then I seldom have more than a few slices.
Nameless
Yeah I know what you mean, those New Zealand hobos can pack one hell of a punch if you let them struggle for too long.

... wait, what were you talking about?
Hello_World
My Mum doen't eat them because they affect her straight away in this way, but I love to eat kiwifruit.

lol @ Nameless I fear my mouth will hurt if I ate either the bird or the people...
ExMachina
I can't respond to this poll as I've never actually consumed a kiwi... Razz
Peterssidan
To clarify, by kiwi I mean kiwifruit and not the bird.
ExMachina
Peterssidan wrote:
To clarify, by kiwi I mean kiwifruit and not the bird.

I know, I have never consumed a kiwifruit or a flightless bird native to New Zealand. Very Happy
loremar
Damn, you people eat kiwi. Shocked
We use kiwi to shine our shoes. Laughing

Anyways, what does a kiwifruit look like?
catscratches
^

Kiwis don't hurt my mouth when I eat them... but I don't think I've ever eaten more than two in a row.
foumy6
It was probly all the acid and other things in the kiwis its not good to eat things like that in bulk
missdixy
Have you thought about the possibility that you may be allergic to Kiwis??? This may not be the case, but it's possible! For me, the culprit was cantaloupe. I used to eat it all the time and if I had just a few bites, nothing weird would happen. If I ate more than that, my lips would feel weird sometimes and my throat would feel sort of itchy/sore a bit, and I never ever thought that this was unusual (I just thought this was a normal thing that cantaloupes did to you, since I'd always experienced that! kind of like the pineapple/raw tongue thing). Well, one day I ate ONE small bite of cantaloupe and my throat almost completely closed up. I had to call 911 (Emergency) and an ambulance rushed to me and gave me one of those Epi-Pen shots or whatever they're called.

My point is, that it could be a slight allergy, and allergies CAN get worse, so be careful!
Ghost900
Kiwis and Pineapple both make my mouth feel like I just sucked on battery acid(Not that I have ever done that). This may seem odd but when I know I am going to eat pineapple or kiwis or even as I read this topic about kiwis I feel a small amount of acid in my mouth, I know its weird but I think it is my body preparing for the acid.