FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

enabling snipping tool in Win7 starter-pack

Sebastian42
UNlike Win7, Win7 Starter Pack does not display SnippingTool in Accessories. Yet c:\windows\system32\snippingtool.exe exists I could not find a SERVICE to turn it on and it is not listed amongst the tickable Window Components. So how can it be enabled, despite Micro$oft's with-holding of functionality ?
Josso
Oooooooh my friend I feel your pain. Many a time have I battled with Microsoft trying to hold back features (vista home is more restrictive than xp home, it gets worse every time). I would recommend using a 3rd party piece of software, sometimes you are forced to in situations like this. There possibly is a hack around it, especially if the exe is there... try googling something like "windows 7 starter pack snipping tool" I found quite a few people with your problem but I have XP so I can't help you out too much sorry.
Sebastian42
It would seem that it's a matter of getting and entering the correct codes into the correct places to 'uncripple' Win7 Starter Pack. As the netbook is not mine - I am simply helping out - I can not yet report success, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvQPxLoSoLI appears to have the answer.
Josso
You might want to try this if a hack doesn't get you anywhere.
Sebastian42
The Netbook owner used the method and the codes of that YouTube, and his Win7 reported a successful upgrade, but snippingtool was still crippled. I am aware of Snippy, and my one attempt to see how it works, left me preferring to enable snippingtool.