FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i know im a complete noob...

Yantaal
...but how do i get all of my Front Page stuff onto my Frihost thing. I keep trying to get everything on, but in all honesty i dont know what im doing. can someone help me
Danltn
Activate FrontPage extensions first- type the details into FrontPage and press Upload; Simple?
Bondings
http://www.site-helper.com/frontpage.html is a tutorial about this.
Aelita
Heres a better way...Don't use front page its no good.. and Also you'll start to get errors with some of your other files.. Front pages sucks..
MicrosoftMan
Aelita wrote:
Heres a better way...Don't use front page its no good.. and Also you'll start to get errors with some of your other files.. Front pages sucks..
I dont think I could have said it better. There is always Bluefish for linux even. Anything but Frontpage.
Yantaal
i am strating to hate front page, where can i get all of these alternatives?
Daniel15
Apparently, Nvu is really good, and free: http://www.nvu.com/
Yantaal
i am downloading it as we speak

i assume its safe,...?
engeland
correct me if im wrong, but frontpage is the web designing software in microsoft office right? Confused
orno
1) Frontpage is from Microsoft, thats true, but as previously mentioned, it sux
2) Nvu is an awesome FREE, SAFE alternative from the Mozilla stable. Macromedias Dreamweaver is also an excellent alternative, but it costs $$.
3) Once you have made your site, you can upload it through Nvu or Dreamweaver or as previously mentioned, through Frontpage, OR upload the files using an FTP client.

NOTE: Whatever you want seen online will have to be uploaded to the public_html/ folder, NOT directly into your root