FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I shop for Dual head/Dual Monitor video cards

jmraker
This morning the video card at work died just like it's described at
http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/42543

It was using dual monitors with a PNY GeForce FX5200 with 2 VGA ports which I'm sure is plugged into a PCI Express x16 port. The person who set it up doesn't work here and I'm sure nobody at work knows about video cards (it was his computer)

I'm now using the motherboard's video port and I've been trying to find a replacement video card and it seems like there's few video cards that obviously support "multiple monitors". All the video cards have 2 or 3 types of output that may or may not support dual monitors. It doesn't have to be too fancy, just enough to play video at full screen on one monitor would be fine.

Does anyone know of any current low-end video cards that definitely support 2 monitors and what tech terms should I be looking for besides Dual-Head/Multi-head/Dual monitor ?

Does any of the big online stores keep track of it's multi-head status?
Deferment
Why don't buy the same videocard? Installing a videocard isn't that hard. U also can thing about a "converter" when buying a new video card.
weableandbob
Pretty much any card can run dual monitors (just make sure you get one with at least two video outputs, either VGA, DVI, or display port; you can always get adapters if the port is different from the one on your monitor), and all modern video cards can easily play videos in full screen anymore.
ocalhoun
weableandbob wrote:
and all modern video cards can easily play videos in full screen anymore.

...The super-cheap ones may have problems playing HD video.
I have a (modern) cheap dell desktop that can't play 720p or higher videos. (Not without skipping and lagging, at least)
That's just a cheap motherboard output though. Even mediocre stand-alone cards should be able to handle that just fine.
Deferment
Already found a solution/ method to fix it? It would be nice if u reply back Very Happy