FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

One for the conspiracy theorists

Bikerman
Those who believe that 'man' never landed on the moon might be interested in a recent photo from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO):

It shows the Apollo 17 site.

Unlikely to convince a true conspiracy theorist, I know, but interesting for people who still have their rational facilities intact.
Nameless
Pfft, come on, everybody knows that's where the aliens evacuated from.
Ankhanu
Phil Plait linked to this earlier, with commentary. Interesting stuff.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/09/06/lro-spots-apollo-landing-sites-in-high-res/
truespeed
I see this still debated on forums across the net,i don't know why there are people who continue to believe they were faked,now or even at the time,any fakery would of been outed by the Russians.
Nameless
The Russians are the aliens, keep up truespeed.
ocalhoun
Bikerman wrote:

Unlikely to convince a true conspiracy theorist, I know,

Well, the landing module itself could be mistaken for an oddly shaped, fresh crater...

But the parallel tire tracks around the site are pretty much indisputable. Any conspiracy theorist would have to admit that even if the USA didn't land there, somebody did.
Josso
Discrediting so called "conspiracy theorists" sometimes causes general waryness of similar speculative opinions and types of people. So what I'm basically saying is if you make a whole group/type of people look stupid then people are more likely to discard ANYTHING they say... be careful of this, however yes some minority of people who insist it was faked are complete nutters.

Want a real space conspiracy? Look no further Americans!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Reconnaissance_Office
loremar
What about that device that was planted in the moon? Wasn't it real? I actually forgot what device that was since I just saw a glimpse on it in TV and I can't seem to find a reference on it in the internet. But as far as I can remember, it was a device that was suppose to be detectable from Earth, thus confirming that such device was planted by someone who landed on moon.
ExMachina
loremar wrote:
What about that device that was planted in the moon? Wasn't it real? I actually forgot what device that was since I just saw a glimpse on it in TV and I can't seem to find a reference on it in the internet. But as far as I can remember, it was a device that was suppose to be detectable from Earth, thus confirming that such device was planted by someone who landed on moon.

Are you referring to the mirror on the moon? You can bounce a laser off it to get an exact distance between the Earth and moon.
Bikerman
Exactly correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment

Conspiracy theorists don't tend to address this one. When pushed they will normally say that it could be an unmanned mission that landed the mirror-array, and some will claim that it is a natural feature on the moon causing the reflection. Both are ridiculous of course. The 'un-manned' hypothesis would have us believe that NASA went to all the trouble of building Apollo craft, capable of getting to the moon, but didn't put anyone on-board., and instead fabricated a whole alternative history-line. The 'natural feature' hypothesis is simply an appeal to ignorance.
gandalfthegrey
Has anyone seen the 'man on the moon' photo?