FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Movies about World war 2 ?

dude_xyx
I'm a big fan of movies about world war 2. Last week I watched the mini series about world war 2 called "Band of brothers". It was great ! Also there are other great movies about world war 2.

01. The Guns of Navarone ( A movie made in 60's but one of the greatest ! )
02. Enemy at the Gate ( one of the best )
03. Windtalkers
04. The Way Back
05. Everyman's War
06. Valkyrie
07. Saints and Soldiers
08. Pearl Harbor
09. Band of Brothers
10. U-571
11. The Thin Red Line
12. Saving Private Ryan
13. Schindler's List
14. Dirty Dozen

Any other Good world war 2 movies you can recommend ?
ExMachina
I can only echo your sentiments about Band of Brothers, single greatest movie about World War II in the European theater.

However, I must disagree with Pearl Harbor being on a list of "great movies". Poor historical representation and the focus of the movie is too much on relationship drama and not the war itself.
dude_xyx
Pearl Harbor Movie was not 100% based on historical data. It's same about Enemy at the gates or The Guns of Navarone. As a movie those were great not if you take historical facts. Also Band of Brothers is not really a movie. It's a 10 part mini set about 101 Airbornes.
caroline953
Thank you for sharing these movies. I have watched Enemy at the Gate, Pearl Harbor, Saving Private Ryan and Saints and Soldiers. I will watched rest of the movies in my free hours.
dude_xyx
last week I watched Another world war 2 movie called dirty dozen. It must had been made in 70's or early 80's but it's a pretty good movie. Should add it to the list.