FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BT: Time to stop automated cold calls

welshsteve
Just about the most annoying thing when sat at home is getting a cold call from some random company that have somehow obtained your personal information. Even more annoying is when you pick up the phone and it is a recorded marketing pitch, so nobody actually introducing themselves and speaking to you. In my opinion, any company using these methods should be severely fined. This practice should be BANNED. I think it is about time British Telecom stepped up and finally eradicated this annoying practice.
Hello_World
Here, we can register to a 'do not call' register. It stops many but not all cold calls.

I hate those recorded messages. Even more, I hate picking up the phone and I am on hold...

Even more, I hate getting those scam calls from a IT 'service provider' trying to tell me I have errors... and trying to charge me to fix them... I get those people sometimes several times a week. And they say I'm being abusive when I tell them to F off, after they try to scam me...
standready
Hello_World wrote:
Even more, I hate getting those scam calls from a IT 'service provider' trying to tell me I have errors... and trying to charge me to fix them... I get those people sometimes several times a week. And they say I'm being abusive when I tell them to F off, after they try to scam me...

Wow, I never get those calls, Lucky for them.
All my phones are registered on both federal and state 'do not call' list. What I hate is I still calls from the state police begging for money for various causes. I remind each one that my number is on the 'do not call' list. It is time that I start reporting them to feds for the harassment.
standready
I have just started getting 'pre-recorded' message calls that end with "press 1 to speak to a representative". I need to get rid of those BS calls.