FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php.ini

progman89
Can we edit our php.ini file?
(If that's a dumb question sorry, I've never had to install a script that does that before.)
mathiaus
No, I also needed to do something with it a while back to make my page html valid but was unable to. By the way we dont all have our own. Theres one on the server all the php uses (I think).

If you say what needs to be done it may be done for you otherwise we'll find an alternative such as the one I used
Bondings
No, it's not possible to edit the php.ini file.
Daniel15
You could try using the ini_set() function at the top of your script. This will set the PHP.INI option temporarily for your script only.

Have a look at http://php.mirrors.ilisys.com.au/manual/en/ini.php#ini.list . If the option that you want to change has either 'PHP_INI_USER' or 'PHP_INI_ALL' under the 'Changeable' column, you can change it using ini_set. All the other options can only be set by the server administrator (usually for security reasons). The syntax is:
Code:
ini_set("option", "setting");

For example,
Code:
ini_set("session.name", "MYSESSION");
(just picking out a random setting).
progman89
Wow thats awesome, I've never seen that PHP function before...thanks a bunch...FRIH$ to you Very Happy
orno
very useful daniel15!
thanks from me too!
garionw
Where is the php.ini file?

I know that theres one here somewhere and have been searching the forums for about an hour now and can't find it
mathiaus
You can't access it Eh?
If you need to change a setting use the ini_set function as detailed above.
garionw
mathiaus wrote:
You can't access it Eh?

No, Bondings created a special php file somewhere with all of the info on it. I think theres a php comand for it as well, which prints all of the details but I just can't remember it Razz
Bondings
garionw wrote:
No, Bondings created a special php file somewhere with all of the info on it. I think theres a php comand for it as well, which prints all of the details but I just can't remember it Razz

Code:
<? phpinfo(); ?>
mathiaus
garionw wrote:
mathiaus wrote:
You can't access it Eh?

http://frih.net/phpinfo.php (better than having to create a new file Razz )
Rather different to what you previously asked for.
garionw
thats the file I was after, thanks!