FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Leon

orc_lord
maybe you watched this film. i watched this film many times. it is a wonderful film. you must be watch it.
what do you think about this film?
fallenintoshadows
I thought it was a great film but so sad at the end! Also I thought the young girl in it looked like a younger version of the woman from Pulp Fiction! lol
lycadia
Was Natalie Portman. You might know her better as the woman who played Princess Amadala in the Star Wars Prequals. She's also a recent Harvard grad. The lady in Pulp Fiction was Uma Thurman, who was also in Kill Bill.

I LOVE the movie Leon. In the US, they released it as The Professional and really hyped it as an action movie, but the drama and character interaction was a lot more important to me.
Ioana
I've seen it a couple of times on different occasions... it is definitely a grate movie. If you liked it I would reccomend to see some elder Besson-Films Like Nikita for example. Especially for this one there are many parallels in the story and the way of treating that subject of a girl learning to kill professionally.
Sappho
If u want to watch it go and get Director's Cut version, its a lot better.
stiffler
Ah, this was a good movie. I enjoyed it a lot.
orc_lord
really, it's a wonderful movie Smile
De_Luis
Sappho wrote:

I'm still waiting to see that one, cause the relation between Mathilda and Leon is deeper in that one. Only to deep apparently, with Mathilda being just a child a problem of course. Certainly for the US market.
Blecker
Besson is not just a director, his a GOD!!!!!
A genious director with genious work!!!!!
I love all of his movies *specially DANCER.
Sappho
De_Luis wrote:
Sappho wrote:

I'm still waiting to see that one, cause the relation between Mathilda and Leon is deeper in that one. Only to deep apparently, with Mathilda being just a child a problem of course. Certainly for the US market.

Yep apparently, but it isnt as strong as i could say Oldboy or some other Korean, Japanese movies. I mean average American must flip flop watching some of those.

But what was my surprise when i heard that Hollywood is goin to remake Oldboy, i was like what the hell, they must totally alter the main plot just to be able to get it to the cinemas, which automaticaly imply that they will goin to ruin one of the best films. But u know, thats Hollywood Smile
inman
Had been looking for this movie for sometime. I expect it to be in the lines of John Woo's The Killer, ofcourse minus brilliant gun shootouts.
users
I've seen it a couple of times on different occasions... it is definitely a grate movie. If you liked it I would reccomend to see some elder Besson-Films Like Nikita for example. Especially for this one there are many parallels in the story and the way of treating that subject of a girl learning to kill professionally
tinothompson
always loved this movie,

the combination of a dysfunctional child with a criminal adult who never quite grew up is a rather fascinating one, and that makes the film interesting. as well as that, there's some rather fun and huge shootouts that hard to beat for amusement value!
lycadia
users wrote:
I've seen it a couple of times on different occasions... it is definitely a grate movie. If you liked it I would reccomend to see some elder Besson-Films Like Nikita for example. Especially for this one there are many parallels in the story and the way of treating that subject of a girl learning to kill professionally

I just got around to watching it the other night and, unfortunately, I didn't find it really appealled to me at all. I think it's clear that what I enjoyed most in Leon was the characters and thier interactions. Also, I really felt the acting was better.

Still watching them both did cause me to think more deeply about my reaction to Leon, which was great.

Thank you for the suggestion.
lucifertje
I love that movie. Sometimes it is unbelievable (litterally) but it's a good one. I just love the scene where they are on top of the building and shooting to the jogger in the park. It's a classic.