FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new RHCP album

portoskt
hod do you guys like this album? for me is not very good, i would like to se some harder sound
welshsteve
I've not heard it apart from one song, The adventures of rain dance maggie. I have some of their previous albums though, and this song seems similar to those, so I imagine I'd like it.
gverutes
I've only heard the song on the radio and wasn't impressed. However, radio releases aren't always their best songs on albums so I'd like to check it out.

I also heard that J. Frusciante isn't playing guitar on this album. If so, who is? I think John is their best guitarist, writer and harmony guy. I hope he comes back for their next album.
Blummer
In fact I enjoyed the new disc. Josh may be a newbie for RHCP and his style may be a bit rude but at least he's got his own sound. The album is quite good, with really killing beats.
Blummer
Josh's style is quite impressive. He's a bit rude but that gives the band a whole new look. Actually the album is pretty amazing, there are really catchy tunes if you listen to it several times.
gverutes
Where did they find this Josh guy? Is he a long time friend or something?
Marcuzzo
gverutes wrote:
Where did they find this Josh guy? Is he a long time friend or something?

He actually used to tour with John Frusciante
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Klinghoffer
Blummer
And he was in Peppers, he's been a kind of additional guitarist or so... He has his strange style of playing, much distortions, it is more noticeable on live shows.
kinggward
Promises In The Dark has several components that lay peace and quiet changes that are uncharacteristic of pop music, and more inbred of the hefty mountain lifestyle. Stress is not what put this team on top and they will spot maintain as 'fearless' in the studio: the overflow entrance of mountain have been released.
Blummer
Went back to listening to RHCP. In many of the past months they have released interesting single series, sort of outtakes from the last album's recording sessions. This one is from those

chartcentral
Currently listening to "Brendan's Death Song" right now from their 2011 album I'm with You. I wasn't really aware of this album and for a while thought that their 2007 release Stadium Arcadium is still the latest from them.