FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

All icons disappeard and Start Menu doesn't work

Asap170
well I was defragging and i stopped cause it was takin to long and then my recyclebin and few other icons were messed up so started to work on it and I lost all Icons and my start menu doesnt work any help is appreciated.

Computer: Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit
Peterssidan
Have you tried to restart the computer? I know it's an obvious thing to do but I have to ask :p

Did all the icons disappear when you started to "work on it"? If you use the file browser, is the files still there in the Desktop folder? When you say the start menu doesn't work. In what way is it not working? I know if the explorer process crashed the start menu could disappear. That was on Windows XP so I don't know if that can happen in Windows 7.
Asap170
I click the start orb and it doesn't do anything it's just stays the same....and I am just gonna do a fresh install cause it's time to do one. Been almost 2 years.... Also I have restarted numerous times, safe mode, last good config, normally, repair...
Peterssidan
Just out of curiosity. How did you stop the defragmentation? Did you press Cancel or did you turn off the power?
jdelfire
how bout going to safemode or doing system restore?
jdelfire
any feed back?
Asap170
Peterssidan wrote:
Just out of curiosity. How did you stop the defragmentation? Did you press Cancel or did you turn off the power?

I canceled it.

@jdelfire:I went into safemode and it had the same issue. I tried system restore, but since I was low on disk space I turned the restore down to like for the past day.... And all I had was earlier today when it failed >.< I somehow lose space. I wipe the free space on my Hard Drive to get me some space that just disappears, but idk how I managed 20Gb left when after I re-installed Windows 7 and all programs and files I ended up with 150Gb of free space.