FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flooding in New Hampshire

mwm
Hello All,

I live in Keene, NH. As some of may have seen things around here are kinda damp. Just up the road in Alstead it is much worse than here in Keene. I work for the local government and have been working closely with the Emergency Operation Center for Keene. They are actually behind my desk in the next room to my office. I got paged at 2:00 am on Sunday morning asking if I could come to the EOC to check out some computer issues. I aksed what was happening and told Keene is flodding and citizens are being evacuated. I went to bed at about 11:00 Saturday night listening to the rain but didn't think much of it. I have spent the last few days since Sunday dealing with nothing but the flood for the most part. Check out pics of NH flooding at http://www.thewmurchannel.com/index.html.

-mwm
xorcist
Ya I heard alot of the North is flooding because it is some big storm up there.
GiLaD
WTF?! i'm so sorry for you, man. i hope everything will be ok.
i think ill see this in today's news or something. never heard that there was storm.
ThisOverload
Im from Southern NH, and it's pretty scary when it hits close to home. I mean.. we didn't get anything here.. but still.. the fact that it could have.. *shudders*
planet
I can become scary when thing we consider normal and natural suddenly "turn against us", suddenly normal life and things we take for granted become a threat to us. Nature always rules.
I hope you and yours are and will be well.