FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Contest Idea

Ghost Rider103
Originally thought of in the android/ios app idea theme that can be read here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-128471.html

What do you guys think of having a contest based off of web development/ideas? Seeing as this entire community is mostly based off of people that were (at least at one point) looking for web hosting, which would mean that most of us are into starting up new websites or experimenting with it.

So the idea is, to have like a "best website idea contest" or something similar. Starting a site can be a big project by yourself and could take quite some time. So I think we could first have a list of people interested, then we can decide teams for each project of x amount of people (maybe 3 or 4 per project?). Then coins can be given out evenly amongst team members, or perhaps a domain (TLD) for the projects website.

Just a thought, what do you guys think?

Quote:
Speaking of developing contests... maybe there should be a contest for creating websites, we could do teams and coins could be split throughout the team. Whoever has the best website idea wins x amount of coins or possibly a domain name for the website they create.

Auto-sign me up if this happens, Lol. This would be an excellent idea in helping people get ideas together. Would also give people with ideas the opportunity to team up with others to actually get their idea out there.
truespeed
I like this idea,i always have ideas for sites,usually i forget them as soon as i have thought of them,or they would take too much of my time,or i don't have the code skill sets to get them from idea to reality.

So i "like" "+1" this. Smile
cybersa
Nice idea.
+1
truespeed
This went down well..

An idea for a website.

Forum signatures.... My top 10.

The idea being that you could create a forum signature with "my top 10" of anything,which would allow you to submit.text,link,images,you would then be given an image sig link that could be used on any forum.

They would be popular on celebrity forums,but may also be popular outside of that as "My Top 10" could apply to any subject on any forum.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Originally thought of in the android/ios app idea theme that can be read here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-128471.html

What do you guys think of having a contest based off of web development/ideas? Seeing as this entire community is mostly based off of people that were (at least at one point) looking for web hosting, which would mean that most of us are into starting up new websites or experimenting with it.

Excellent idea! We really need to get contests/competitions that are focused on the creative side of Web development.

I was thinking about another idea as well. A competition for a YouTube show on Frihost - ten brilliant reasons for posting at Frihost.
Very Happy