FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I see my ex gf everywhere. I think I've gone insane

davidv
Yes, I think I have gone insane. Oh for the love of god, make it stop.
therimalaya
Man you are still in love, so when you realize it and make up your relationship with her, all will be OK
davidv
therimalaya wrote:
Man you are still in love, so when you realize it and make up your relationship with her, all will be OK

The odds of that happening is next to nothing. We broke up a few months ago (she broke up with me Sad ) and we haven't been talking or seeing each other. I've tried to be friends but really? Hell, it's too hard. She's probably over me but sadly I'm not so all is not okay. All is NOT okay!
shivaghimire
davidv wrote:
Yes, I think I have gone insane. Oh for the love of god, make it stop.

Firstly, try to convenience your girlfriend.If she is not convenience, then try to forget her making yourself busy, involving in work just like writings, reading, get involved with friends, relatives and family, do that where you are interested and try to make your mind far from her, try to make yourself busy.
mazito
davidv wrote:
We broke up a few months ago (she broke up with me Sad ) and we haven't been talking or seeing each other. I've tried to be friends but really? Hell, it's too hard. She's probably over me but sadly I'm not so all is not okay. All is NOT okay!

well if she dont seems to take you back, or you dont plan to tray , the better is to forget, i know is easy to say but hard to do, but...

i think we decide how our life will be, is an excersice of hope and faith, but mostly with the mind clear

wish you the best
gandalfthegrey
move
davidv
gandalfthegrey wrote:
move

on? Challenge accepted.
tingkagol
I know it's cliche, but...

Time will heal those wounds, man. Don't worry, you'll get there. Being hurt is kind of a double-edged sword, on the one hand it sucks. Man... it sucks SO BAD. But on the other, it's the one thing that will help you move on.

On a side note, being hurt is also kind of a reminder that you are alive and emotionally healthy. Be thankful for that. You may never feel the same way for the rest of your life. Cherish these gnarling moments! ^_^
Greatking
Breaking up in any relationship is hard and especially when your breakup is with a girl friend it is very tough to get over an ex girlfriend from your heart and soul. Everything around you is dull and meaningless and you find solace only when you are isolated from the world round you which keeps reminding you of your beloved every second.

The best way to get over her thoughts from your mind is to face the true facts honestly and sincerely. You can never forget or get over your ex girlfriend by just keeping her off your mind which is very difficult. You have to look at her thoughts right in the eye and access your feelings towards her. Slowly see how much she has occupied your life and accept the emptiness she has left behind and then try to see how liberated you are now that she has left you for good. You will be surprised to see how much you had been bonded and life itself was a great misery when she was around. Constant fear of breakup would have driven you crazy and you could have compromised many times just to make it work for you and her. But now you are a free bird who has dropped all bondage and is free for life.

Once you realize relationship is a bondage you will accept and move on and enjoy your new found freedom. The future is full of pleasant surprises and innumerous possibilities. You might find a better girl or just decide to stay cool and away from any serious relationship. The complete choice to rule your world is yours whereas your girl friend ruled your world previously.
davidv
Update: I know you guys love updates.

So it's been over 2 months since I've spoken or seen my ex and I'm feeling pretty cool about things. Cool Been focusing on my study and that keeps my mind off her. Thing is though, for some bizarre reason, the past few days she's been popping up in my head here and there. So the kind of person I am, I acted on it and I did some "borderline stalking". Just poking around her Facebook and seeing what she's been up to lately.

So... I see that she's doing pretty well and that's good. I stopped the borderline stalking and went back to studying. Days later I find myself thinking about her again. I gave her a text and said something along the lines of "Oh hey, it's been a while. I see that you're doing fairly well, that's good... Maybe could be friends again sometime in future" so on, so fourth. Firstly, is that something weird? I don't typically say anything to my exes. Anyway, that was 2 days ago and I thought I would of gotten a response by now but I haven't. Worst case scenario, she ignored it. What does that mean? I thought it was kind of rude... Confused
SonLight
davidv wrote:
Update: I know you guys love updates.

So it's been over 2 months since I've spoken or seen my ex and I'm feeling pretty cool about things. Cool Been focusing on my study and that keeps my mind off her. Thing is though, for some bizarre reason, the past few days she's been popping up in my head here and there.

Good for you; you have accepted the fact you need to get on with your life. Having "flashbacks" of the lost relationship is quite normal. If you accept it and think of the value of what you had, it should make you stronger and ready to get on with new experiences. Just remind yourself that what you had was good, but it's over, and it is important not to spend too much time thinking about the past.

Quote:
So the kind of person I am, I acted on it and I did some "boarder line stalking". Just poking around her Facebook and seeing what she's been up to lately.

Not so good. First, the right term is "border line" stalking or, probably better, "borderline" stalking. Second, and more important, you may not be ready yet to put things into perspective and evaluate how she's doing in an objective way.

Quote:
So... I see that she's doing pretty well and that's good. I stopped the boarder line stalking and went back to studying. Days later I find myself thinking about her again. I gave her a text and said something along the lines of "Oh hey, it's been a while. I see that you're doing fairly well, that's good... Maybe could be friends again sometime in future" so on, so fourth. Firstly, is that something weird? I don't typically say anything to my exes. Anyway, that was 2 days ago and I thought I would of gotten a response by now but I haven't. Worst case scenario, she ignored it. What does that mean? I thought it was kind of rude... Confused

She may have done you a favor by ignoring you. She probably has no idea whether she is going to have problems if she contacts you again, or whether you are ready to see her as just another acquaintance.

I wish you well. I know that the loss of a good relationship can be difficult for a very long time, but the wounds will eventually heal.
davidv
Quote:
First, the right term is "border line" stalking or, probably better, "borderline" stalking.

Thanks for the correction... In my defence it was roughly 3am when I made that post. Laughing

Quote:
She may have done you a favor by ignoring you. She probably has no idea whether she is going to have problems if she contacts you again, or whether you are ready to see her as just another acquaintance.

I disagree. No where have I implied that I wanted to see her soon, never mind further contact. Ignoring that text to me was just the same as seeing her then giving her a friendly wave, her noticing it and then walking away, ignoring me.

I still stand by the fact that it was rude of her not to respond. I expected something like "Thanks, I hope you're doing well too" but instead, received nothing. Kind of annoyed.