FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Activate Aero Effect in Windows 7

therimalaya
I'm using a dell computer but it has only 1 GB of RAM but no extra display card. When i install windows 7 in it, it worked perfectly in all respect except the Aero effects. I think its board doesn't consist of enough integrated display capability. Someone please, suggest me how can i activate the aero effects on that computer. It's my office computer and I can not add or remove any hardware equipments.

Waiting for your help.... Exclamation
metalfreek
I think Aero effects are installed and activated by default but if it isn't then

1. Right click on desktop
2. Choose Personalize
2. Click on one of the Aero themes and you are done.

But note that not all windows 7 version support all the effect that Aero has to provide.

Windows 7 Home Basic does NOT support all Windows 7 Aero features, e.g. it can’t display any transparent effects.
therimalaya
I've already done that, but it can't be any solution. I want to know if there is any registry tweak/ trick.
metalfreek
Which version of windows 7 are you using?
cybersa
Did you switch off the Visual Effects?
welshsteve
The visual effects such as aero in windows 7 will only work and be available if your graphic cad is capable of displaying them. There are certain programs that require some graphic properties turned on, and these can effect the aero themes also.

For instance, I had LogMeIn installed on a PC which required a certain display setting that allowed the windows desktop wallpaper of the remote PC to be displayed when remote controlling. This was stopping the Aero effects working in Windows 7. Turning this setting off allowed the aero effects to work.
therimalaya
After reading these replies, I came to conclusion that i have to add graphics card. There is not any short-cut way for activating aero effects in my condition. Thanks everybody for your reply.
mukesh
Dude you have windows 7 ultimate or Enterprises ? If you have then easily activate.

If you want to check problem then write Visual effect on top of start or Below All programs and follow instructions. Smile
blueray
welshsteve wrote:

For instance, I had LogMeIn installed on a PC which required a certain display setting that allowed the windows desktop wallpaper of the remote PC to be displayed when remote controlling. This was stopping the Aero effects working in Windows 7. Turning this setting off allowed the aero effects to work.

welshsteve

Could you explain this a little bit more.

Did you mean that when LogMeOn runs, it will force the network connection to save bandwidth so that it stop the Aero effect to be run over the net. Am I correct ?

I would like to learn more from you

Thank you !

Eric,
Tuvitor
If you've got old hardware that's incapable of running Aero, you're not going to get it to work...
hitose
You should also have updated the video driver, otherwise it would not work, to support the function have a little more than 1GB of ram for less if the system would be very slow, obviously also must be a complete system preferably one ultimate version are the versions that have all, in many cases can not be activated because the function does not come with the operating system.