FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

War changes the economy!

baboosaa
Had Hitler had not decided to go to war, the world would have been different, actually completely different than now. So war is not just "Ten Hutt."....EASy COMp.... It's monster. It's the animal behaviour of human. You might tell hitler was bad person who treated people mostly jew and people from other ethnic groups like animal. But how did going to war solve the problem when more than ten million of people died in those pow camps. Economy got badly affected because governments large sum of money goes in weapon industry, military personnel, secret agents, investigation bureau. Where is those construction work during war? Where is investment in education and upliftment of living strandard? Well that's going to a new problem in today's world because now a country goes to war and becomes much richer than it was ever before using the resources of the envaded country.
standready
baboosaa wrote:
Well that's going to a new problem in today's world because now a country goes to war and becomes much richer than it was ever before using the resources of the envaded country.

Really? I don't think the US is richer for invading Iraq? or Afghanistan?
Afaceinthematrix
standready wrote:
baboosaa wrote:
Well that's going to a new problem in today's world because now a country goes to war and becomes much richer than it was ever before using the resources of the envaded country.

Really? I don't think the US is richer for invading Iraq? or Afghanistan?

Well we'll definitely have to wait to see the outcome in the long term. But whenever there is a war, someone is making money and lots of it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were cases of executives in the weapon industry and many services lobbying to Bush to get involved in the Middle East. As evil as it sounds, I am sure it happened.

Historically, war has benefited the U.S. immensely. It pumps a lot through the economy, opens up many jobs, etc. It can be argued that war brought the U.S. out of the Great Depression (massive military spending).
baboosaa
The effects of war is massive. Like the word BIG is small but caries meaning which we understand to be something that is not small, but huge. The sense of affected areas of economy by war is same. And once it is started it's like chain reaction. Goes on and on. From one factor to another.
menino
People and countries have always benifitted from wars financially.
A small example is whenever there is a was, the currency and real estate goes down, and other people buy that currency / estates, because after the war is over, the value of currency and real estate will rise again.

US has always benifitted from wars. A lot of US companies are working in Afghanistan and Iraq to get their businesses going, and a lot of amaerican businesses are established to cater to the army as well as the local establishments there, such as franchises like taco bell in the middle of the desert.

Even ammunition companies make tonnes of money, including the sales of fighting equipment such as aircrafts, cars, ships, ammunition, etc.
During wars, all prices rise for even basic foods mostly.
pll
Yup, it's one of the good side of wars. It creates good economy and advances the technologies. But no other sides are good.
jws325
War will always be a terrible thing. However, it creates economic opportunities for members of the military-industrial complex. So, it will continue until the interests of powerful groups are not aligned with constant war.
funyug
War is a total waste of time, money and man power.
pll
funyug wrote:
War is a total waste of time, money and man power.

Not so true.
I agree that war is really sad, but it can sometimes make things change, so there is always good side too.

I'm not for the war I'm against everykind of war, but if the conflict gets to an end usually it's good for both parties involved. (Let's say your in a country with dictatorship, and after the war it gets democratics, at least the war was for a good reason)
monib
war is effect on economy in so many countries like Pakistan war against terrorism become a economically week to Pakistan.war in Iraq also finished it.and war in Afghanistan hit him economically very very much.
boinsterman
The truth is, World War II brought America and the world out of the Great Depression by creating so many jobs for soldiers and in manufacturing and support services, and corresponding profit for private employers. That principle continues to hold true today. I don't think there is anyone who hasn't heard the argument that governments start wars in part to stimulate those parts of their economies, providing they can take those wars to other nations and avoid widescale destruction in their own.

My own response is to attempt to cut my own expenses as much as possible, such as by trying to become a totally self-sufficient homesteader. In that way, I would be outside the economy. Becoming a soldier (I used to be an infantryman) or working in an arms-manufacturing plant would have no financial appeal for me, and I might be able to help others do the same.

According to an article I saw in Hustler a number of years ago (about 2004), just after the Great War (World War I) the biggest companies in three major industries in America (banking, arms manufacturing, and oil) were each controlled by one individual. These three men decided in the 1920's that peace would result in lower profits for their respective industries and companies. They tried to organize labor strikers to take over the government. The man they picked to lead this movement was a Marine general, but after they approached him about it, he turned them in. (They were never arrested for this.)

Another perspective is described in "Report from Iron Mountain", a supposedly classified document written for the US federal government that has never been acknowledged--and perhaps is best read on its own merits. (I searched for it on the Internet and downloaded the PDF--there are several sources.) The authors attempted to postulate what the effects of peace would be. They concluded that peace is not possible, in part because of the economic stimulus war provides. (Supposedly when Lyndon Johnson read this report he blew his top and ordered it suppressed for all time.)