FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Finger Frenzy Contest (Type A-Z)

Dementei
Hello, I enjoy speed typing games so I came up with this idea to make a little contest for fun of who can type A through Z the fastest through the game Finger Frenzy.
A screenshot will be required to enter the contest, for sizes I'd like to have no bigger than 450 x 400 to keep it orderly, thanks.
**Use Print Screen to put a screenshot onto your clipboard and paste it in Paint or your preferred image editor and crop it out.**

*High score so far*
User: Deferment
Time: 2.094

*Last high score*
User: Peterssidan
Time: 2.747

*Closest to last high score*
User: wombatrpgs
Time: 2.797

*My score*
User: Dementei
Time: 2.449

Click here to start playing!
truespeed
4 attempts my last attempt was my fastest at 9.187.

I will surprised if anyone beats sub 3 seconds.
Dementei
truespeed wrote:
4 attempts my last attempt was my fastest at 9.187.

I will surprised if anyone beats sub 3 seconds.

Realizing that it is a pretty hard number to beat I'll just have yours set as the highest to start instead of mine. Mind editing your post and adding an image for me?
truespeed
I forgot to screencap so i had another attempt,a slight improvement.

Dementei
truespeed wrote:
I forgot to screencap so i had another attempt,a slight improvement.

Thanks, it's updated now, keep practicing Razz
Dementei
*Bump*
Deferment

Haha funny game at all Razz kinda bit addicting xD
Dementei
Good job you are now our high score leader Very Happy
Keep it up.
wombatrpgs
Well, here's this on my laptop computer... I'll try again with an actual keyboard. WXYZ really slows me down it seems...

Deferment
well, broke my personal highscore again Razz

I have also problems with the wxyz and pqrs xD very annoying, one time i had 3,8 secs but pressed by accidence space button :S
Dementei
Good job guys, wombat is in the lead now.
Yea, Deferment you would have been just about tied with wombat too Razz
chartcentral
I'm using a different site but I guess it's the same game mechanics and here is my best time:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Dementei
It's updated, wombat still stands as the leader, who can beat em?
Deferment
haha tomorrow, ill try it again. still have problems wxyz xD
Peterssidan
Ok, this is my best score so far.

Why is the time shown with more digits for me than for everyone else? Could it be that I use an old flash version (9)?
Dementei
Peterssidan wrote:
Why is the time shown with more digits for me than for everyone else? Could it be that I use an old flash version (9)?

Yea that could be why, that's pretty interesting though, it reveals more of the exact number haha.
Peterssidan
Here is my improved record:

I noticed that the time didn't start until I press A. I guess that helped a little.
Dementei
Peterssidan wrote:
I noticed that the time didn't start until I press A. I guess that helped a little.

You beat wombat ever so slightly, good job you are our new record holder.
Peterssidan
I improved my record quite a bit. Under 3 seconds now! Very Happy

It is not as good as your record, Dementei, but I'm getting close.
Biggest reason why I could improve my record this time was that I used my laptop computer instead. The keys are not as high so it doesn't take as long to push down the keys. I could even do the sequence cdedfgh by just dragging my finger. On my desktop computer keyboard I had to really push down on every key.
cybersa
Nice game.
Very interesting...
Now only learning so 7-8.
Deferment
How do you guys type? Do you guys use all of your fingers? Most of the time i only use index finger and my middle finger.
Peterssidan
Deferment wrote:
How do you guys type? Do you guys use all of your fingers?
I use the three middle fingers when I type letters. The ring finger a little bit less than the other two. I only use my thumb and little finger for space, shift, ctrl and such keys that is not used in this game.
catscratches
Would be a lot easier with one of these babies: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ejjgL-1qhmU/TS0whTUCExI/AAAAAAAAAGo/XcYbod1j7RA/s1600/abcsmall.jpg
Deferment

Finally broke my own record!!!!!!!!!! OMFG almost clicked the SPACE button before screening Razz
Dementei
Deferment wrote:

Finally broke my own record!!!!!!!!!! OMFG almost clicked the SPACE button before screening Razz

Wow really 2 seconds flat? I call hacks Very Happy
I'll set it as the high score, but I highly doubt anyone to beat that without some sort of program.
cybersa
Deferment wrote:

Great.
How many hours you took to beat your previous record?
chartcentral
I'm guessing the 2.094 is really possible normally (without a hack). I've successfully gotten a personal best of 2.313 seconds, and I'm quite slow in punching in the first few letters, so that may make the time difference. (I'm not using the exact same application since the one linked above can't be accessed from where I'm at right now, but I reckon it's just the same game.) Also Dvorak keyboard layout users may be able to get the job done even faster. Smile
wombatrpgs
Well, I tried a bit more and came up with this:

Not a recordbreaker, but I'm not going to pursue it further.

chartcentral wrote:
Also Dvorak keyboard layout users may be able to get the job done even faster.

I thought Dvorak's advantage lay in that it helped for faster typing for words with normal character distribution? Typing the alphabet really isn't a good measure of normal typing... when are you ever going to punch out "vwxyz" in an actual word?
Dementei
wombatrpgs wrote:

chartcentral wrote:
Also Dvorak keyboard layout users may be able to get the job done even faster.

I thought Dvorak's advantage lay in that it helped for faster typing for words with normal character distribution? Typing the alphabet really isn't a good measure of normal typing... when are you ever going to punch out "vwxyz" in an actual word?

Yea that's for sure, it would only help for such a game like this it seems haha.
Also I updated the OP.