FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you being in online class?

lovescience
I took several classes online. In the classes, teachers gave us handouts. We participated the classes by replying each others posts and gave in homework to pass the classes.

I like the classes because the materials are well prepared for us to download to read and can be anywhere when classes begin.
codersfriend
I had one time in college .. Our lazy teacher just had us go online on yahoo messenger's group chat only to post announcements which were better off emailed. We didn't discussed much..

Then a few years later another lazy teacher was asking us if we wanted online class..
not everyone has an internet connection(like me that time) and it would be off the tuition fee to pay for a rental.. and we eventually reasoned out that interaction is still better inside the real classroom Smile
alvarorojas4
Yeah, I had some classes Online a few years ago...
BigGeek
Yeah, I've done almost all of my certification exams for CISCO, Wireless, and Unix online. I love it, it is the best, you can study anywhere, you can do the labs anywhere when you have the free time. By far and away the best learning environment around for professional certifications.

Now as far as college, I attended college long before the age of the internet and all my classes were traditional, I often wonder how they would teach something like Physics labs, or chemistry labs in an online environment? It just doesn't seem possible given the equipment in the labs. Also I think of Geology and Geophysics classes that were out in the field, that also is something that can't be reproduced online.

So I think it is a great idea, and in courses where it is possible of course it is the way to go. But not all of the courses can be taught online, so I guess we are always going to have some instructor led classrooms in college...IMHO Cool
inuyasha
Online classes are still not very popular here in China. It's commonly believed that online classes are not effective enough and online students may not spare much effort to study.
However, some colleges and universities offer "mail classes". Students receive teaching materials via mails and study by themselves. At the end of each term, they attend an examination. This only applies to adult education.
lrj945
I have downloaded some video tutorials on the internet. Is that belong to the online class? I think the online class need yourself to be conscious in learning ,otherwise it will be a waste of time. Some guys may be study more efficient in school than online class. Indeed the online class is really convenient for us ,especially for those who living in the developing contries.
chatrack
Hi,
I have attend a Webner on tutor 2 teach subject. it was half an hour interactive audio / video
interface.