FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

lords of uberdark

ato784
check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/901026204/lords-of-uberdark-3d-voxel-based-mining-building-g

"Lords of Uberdark (tentative title) is a 3D mining & building game that I'm currently writing, much like Infiniminer and its more prominent cousins. It's still in an early stage of development (pre alpha), but already has most of the core functionality and a handful of features that set it apart -- especially smooth terrain and cartoon-style rendering. It also does nice texture blending, animated water, raytraced lighting, random terrain generation, ore veins, and a bunch of other stuff."
wombatrpgs
Is this your personal project?

...sounds like another minecraft clone.
ato784
no, this is not my project, just trying to spread the word. and while it does seem like it might be another minecraft clone, it is not. it will baically be if minecraft was a war zone. or if minecraft met lord of the rings. so same Terrain engine, different gameplay all together
wombatrpgs
Well... what about the gameplay does set it apart?
ato784
it is still a major work in progress, and thus not much of it is done, but what is done is pretty awesome. basically at this stage it is a minecraft clone, but the finished product will be far from it.