FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can we purchase our own domain?

mel2000
The list of Frihost features looks amazing. However, while it mentions free domains and subdomains, there is no mention of buying or transferring an outside domain name to be used with Frihost. Does Frihost accept purchased domain names? Thanks.
silverdown
You may purchase how many domains you want from companies like , Godaddy.com, Register.com, NameCheap.com, however they all share the same bandwidth and server space on frihost and most hosts. I recommend godaddy.com but thats my personal preference. After you register a domain and providing the domain provider for the domain service allows DNS and/or Name Server control you can point the domain to the servers and within 24-48 hours after the domain and the server(host) propagate (make a linking bond however usually takes 10-60 minutes at least that is what I have experienced) you should be set to go. You also can make as many subdomains you want with your domain such as *.domain.tld

* = whatever name you want your subdomain to be.
domain = the name for your domain on the net.
tld = .com,.net,.org,.info

NOTE: Name server information if your are hosted by frihost.com can be found by clicking the ACCOUNT link at the top.
mel2000
Thanks for your reply silverdown. From what I've been reading on this issue, some domain sellers allow buyers to redirect a domain name to a web host. Is that the same feature as what you're describing?
truespeed
Just set your nameservers at your domain registrar to those listed on your account page,add the domain in your cpanel/direct admin and you will be all set up.
k_s_baskar
mel2000 wrote:
Thanks for your reply silverdown. From what I've been reading on this issue, some domain sellers allow buyers to redirect a domain name to a web host. Is that the same feature as what you're describing?

domain redirecting/forwarding is different. you can point your domain to frihost by just changing the nameservers to frihost (i.e. ns1.frih.net) or if you have DNS access just create a A record to frihost host IP.
futurcat
k_s_baskar wrote:
mel2000 wrote:

domain redirecting/forwarding is different. you can point your domain to frihost by just changing the nameservers to frihost (i.e. ns1.frih.net) or if you have DNS access just create a A record to frihost host IP.

Thanks! I will probably get a domain for my blog, after checking wordpress works fantastic on frihsot webhosting.