FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is coconut oil good for health?

lovescience
Do you eat coconut meat? It is high in protein and mineral with less sugar.
chatrack
Is the question coconut oil is good for health, I would say no.
The fried food items in coconut oil is not so good, if you consume it regularly.
shivaghimire
Coconut oil is good for the health of our hair. Its smell is not good but it make our hair black and healthy as mustard oil do.
myqute
Coconut oil is the most misunderstood oil! Its medium fatty acid means it is not trans-fat at all. In fact, the oil is immediately burned as energy instead of it being stored till it's needed. It is also the most stable oil; this means that even after heating to high temperatures of long period of time, the oil does not turn rancid as easily as the other kinds of oil. It is a tropical oil.

Its water (juice), being a tropical liquid, rehydrates thirsty people. Its meat is white and delicious!

Add coconut milk to curry with cucurmin, you have a good food there. Google on cucurmin or tumeric for its immunity-boosting properties.

Go on and take coconut in its fresh form. You would want the coconut oil to be cold-pressed, with all its natural goodness intact without too meat heat or processing.
mshafiq
coconut oil is very good for hair.
Regular massage of the head with coconut oil is very healthy for hair. It is an excellent conditioner and helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair. Coconut oil is normally applied topically for hair care.
k_s_baskar
myqute wrote:
Coconut oil is the most misunderstood oil! Its medium fatty acid means it is not trans-fat at all. In fact, the oil is immediately burned as energy instead of it being stored till it's needed. It is also the most stable oil; this means that even after heating to high temperatures of long period of time, the oil does not turn rancid as easily as the other kinds of oil. It is a tropical oil.

Its water (juice), being a tropical liquid, rehydrates thirsty people. Its meat is white and delicious!

Add coconut milk to curry with cucurmin, you have a good food there. Google on cucurmin or tumeric for its immunity-boosting properties.

Go on and take coconut in its fresh form. You would want the coconut oil to be cold-pressed, with all its natural goodness intact without too meat heat or processing.

Thanks for your usefull info. Smile
carriewalt
Coconut oil is very good for hair. Regularly massage with this oil twice in a week is make your hair shiny and thicker. It is also very good for stop dandruff and hair falling.
AsadAnsari
myqute:
Quote:

Best Answer here according to the question..
So you say that we can use coconut oil as a cooking oil ?
nigam
yes coconut oil is good for our health...it cleanses some toxic inside our body....its for refreshment and some say that coconut is the cleanest water on earth......my partner use virgin coconut oil mix in conditioner to make it shine.....
deanhills
myqute wrote:

Good post! I use coconut oil for cooking for the reason you mentioned, i.e. the oil can be heated at high temperatures without turning nasty. I like the taste of coconut oil as well. I also use coconut milk in some of my dishes. Since it is quite rich and high in fat, I only use a few dashes of it. A tin of coconut milk can easily last me for two or three weeks.
menino
I always presumed that coconut oil was fattening and had trans-fats as well.
I was told by someone that it had hydrogenated oils which can harm the body on long term basis.

Perhaps I got confused with palm oil, which may have the above bad qualities, and not coconut oil.
thanks for the info, myqute.
deanhills
menino wrote:
I always presumed that coconut oil was fattening and had trans-fats as well.
I was told by someone that it had hydrogenated oils which can harm the body on long term basis.

Perhaps I got confused with palm oil, which may have the above bad qualities, and not coconut oil.
thanks for the info, myqute.
Palm oil is also good, but it has to be cold pressed palm oil. I've never tried it. Ditto coconut oil. It has to be cold pressed as the other oils are put through huge production processes where chemicals are added etc. Like chocolate. The real damage comes from all the chemicals that are added.
Very Happy
sledge32
The United States Food and Drug Administration, World Health Organization, International College of Nutrition, the United States Department of Health and Human Services, American Dietetic Association, American Heart Association, British National Health Service, and Dietitians of Canada recommend against the consumption of significant amounts of coconut oil due to its high levels of saturated fat. Advocacy against coconut and palm oils in the 1970s and 80s due to their perceived danger as a saturated fat caused companies to instead substitute trans fats, unaware of their health-damaging effects. Coconut oil contains a large proportion of lauric acid, a saturated fat that raises blood cholesterol levels by increasing the amount of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. But i do love to eat the meat from the coconut before it gets dry and hard.
deanhills
sledge32 wrote:
The United States Food and Drug Administration, World Health Organization, International College of Nutrition, the United States Department of Health and Human Services, American Dietetic Association, American Heart Association, British National Health Service, and Dietitians of Canada recommend against the consumption of significant amounts of coconut oil due to its high levels of saturated fat. Advocacy against coconut and palm oils in the 1970s and 80s due to their perceived danger as a saturated fat caused companies to instead substitute trans fats, unaware of their health-damaging effects. Coconut oil contains a large proportion of lauric acid, a saturated fat that raises blood cholesterol levels by increasing the amount of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. But i do love to eat the meat from the coconut before it gets dry and hard.
Here is how lauric acid can benefit you:
Quote:
The human body converts lauric acid into monolaurin which is claimed to help in dealing with viruses and bacteria causing diseases such as herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. It helps in fighting harmful bacteria such as listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter pylori, and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia. As a result of these various health benefits of coconut oil, though its exact mechanism of action was unknown, it has been extensively used in Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medicinal system. The Coconut Research Center has compiled various references on scientific research done on coconut oil.

The above quote was taken from the Website at the URL below.
http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html

Here is a page that contains a link to medical research into the benefits of coconut and palm oil:
http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/research-link.htm
mshafiq
Coconut oil is excellent massage oil for skin as well. It is good moisturizer for all types of skins.
It also delays wrinkles, which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems.
coconut oil is very good for digestive system and prevents various stomach and digestion related problems.
Coconut oil is also very good for healing and bacterial infection.When applied on infections, it forms a chemical layer which protects the infected body part from external dust.
It is very good to relief Stress . Applying coconut oil to the head followed with a gentle massage helps in removing mental fatigue.
lovescience
You can get B-complex vitamins from drinking coconut water.

I love both coconut water and coconut oil.
A.The coconut oil is saturated oil, cooking, heating does not produce free radicals, and can even prevent other fat oxidation, anti-aging role.
Two. The coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, bitterness, and has a strong anti-viral sterilization efficacy. .
3. Coconut oil can enhance thyroid function, the promotion of harmful cholesterol (LDL Cholesterol) into a useful anti-aging steroids to help fight heart disease, aging, obesity, cancer and other degenerative diseases, enhance the immune system.
4. Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids, it can dissolve in water to be absorbed by the body, can increase the metabolic rate, long-term appropriate amount of dietary coconut oil, you can play the role of weight loss.
5 Coconut oil has a moisturizing effect and prevent skin aging, keep skin healthy, soft, smooth.

The melting point of coconut oil is 23 ℃ and above this temperature, it is liquid; below this temperature is a white paste. Its performance is stable, without cold storage. It can be placed at room temperature for at least 2-3 years.

Purchase consumption of coconut oil to choose cold-pressed coconut oil (at room temperature without chemical treatment), rather than the purification of coconut oil (purified, bleached and deodorized).
angj888
I drink coconut water almost everyday. Virgin coconut oil is a health supplement too. But for cooking I always steam or boil my vegetables. I never fry.
mshafiq
coconut oil is very good for health especially for hair
Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair.

It is good in healthy growth of hair providing them a shiny complexion.if we will do Regular massage of the head with coconut oil making sure that scalp is free of dandruff, lice, and lice eggs you will see good results.
we use coconut oil a lot for hair care.it is a good conditioner for hair.it helps in the re-growth of damaged hair. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair.
It is also used as hair care oil and used in manufacturing various conditioners, and dandruff relief creams. Coconut oil is normally applied topically for hair.
coconut oil is also good for skin care. It is excellent massage oil for the skin. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin.
mshafiq
coconut oil is very good for oil.it makes hair strong.it is good conditioner for hair.in Asian countries many females they use coconut oil for hair care
jhon98
Coconut is very beneficial for head skin and hairs. Regular massage of the head with grape oil is very healthy for locks. It is a great refresher and allows in the re-growth of broken locks. It also provides the important necessary protein required for healthy broken locks. Coconut oil is normally used topically for hairdressing.
Gregoric
Never heard of those advantages of coconut. Thanks for listing them, people. I might try to get some of those to check their possibilities Wink
dustm3n
coconut oil in its organic (non cooked form) is very healthy for you. frying coconut oil... it does break down faster than a lot of other oils into fat-soluble compounds... however I would definitely recommend coconut oil as a substitute oil for baking / salads / protein drinks.
annielizstan
Coconut oil is excellent for your hair.Coconut oil is made up of healthy fats lauric acid, caprylic acid and capric acid which contain antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral prosperities to boost the immune system.It is best for your health.
netprofit
Here's more info about the benefits of coconut oil:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/coconut-oil-benefits_b_821453.html
mustatab
Coconut oil is found to be very high in antioxidant so one of the bestthng to cook in things.
tomalter26
Coconut oil not only moisturize your skin and your hair but also beneficial for your overall health as well. It is better than butter. Being very different from most other cooking oils it contains a unique composition of fatty acids.
deanhills
tomalter26 wrote:
Coconut oil not only moisturize your skin and your hair but also beneficial for your overall health as well. It is better than butter. Being very different from most other cooking oils it contains a unique composition of fatty acids.
I'm curious, why do you think it is better than butter?
kate124
I have heard that Coconut oil is good for curbing dandruff. Is this tru? Has anyone used ****** for the very purpose?
Atwater
Grape oil is excellent for the health of our locks, its fragrance is not excellent but it make our locks dark and healthier as mustard oil do....
Arnolde
Hi lovescience,
Yes coconut oil is good for health as coconut oil is beneficial for heart health and one of the best natural nutrition for hair. Coconut oil improves digestive system and effective in losing body weight. Coconut oil boosts immune system and used to treat healing and infection.
Dominicq
Hi Llovescience,
Yes coconut oil is good for health as coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for your hair and beneficial for heart also. Coconut oil is effective in losing and stabilizing body weight and used to treat healing and infection. Coconut oil boosts immune system and reduce the risk of major health disease.
mshafiq
Coconut oil is good for the skin.It is an excellent moisturizer for the skin.
it is excellent moisturizer for hair too.
In cooking we can use in frying egg.In mayo we can use coconut oil
johans
lovescience wrote:
Do you eat coconut meat? It is high in protein and mineral with less sugar.

I am not sure if the term is correct " coconut meat" - I am sure its part of fruit. But yes, i love to eat them. Coconut water is like a dextrose solution based on my knowledge.
12phabie
I have been natural for 8 months now and coconut oil has been my savior. I use it on my hair to make it grow and soft and shiny. I also use it on my skin, especially on my legs and my soles to make them soft. I have dry skin and it helps a lot. I put it on my scalp every night and I don't have to put nothing else on my hair. I also use it for cooking. it tastes awesome. and its healthy for me as well
Denzel
No doubt that coconut oil is very beneficial for health. It is good for hair and prevents our health from breakage. Coconut oil gives strength to the hair.
steeve
Definitely, Coconut oil has many benefits for skin, hair and health.
I use coconut oil for a scalp massage thrice a week.
It helps to remove burn marks.