FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mozilla Thunderbird

welshsteve
Has anyone else noticed the number of updates being available for Mozilla Thunderbird recently? I was hoping that all these updates would finally eradicate the annoying issues with email editing. But I was wrong. The text editor still fails to impress me. They still haven;t addressed the following:

1. The text sizing issue - why do they persist with "Small", "Medium" etc. instead of using proper font sizing like all other windows programs?

2. When typing an email, initially it uses the font you specify in the application options. But move the cursor somewhere else in the email and back to the end before you moved it around, and the program decides to use some built in default, or the font from the email you are responding to (if you are), or the font your signature uses. This is so annoying.

3. With all these different sizes, there is no way of highlighting the whole email and setting the font size and face.

COME ON MOZILLA, you've made a great browser for years, Thunderbird itself is a great email program, but I'm sure you've been aware of these issues for a long time now (just google the issue and there are hundreds of people with the problem) and you still haven't done anything about it!!!
SultanMA
I'm not a user of mozilla thunderbird, but as I heared from all people that the microsoft outlock is the best email client. So , i hope u can giv it a try.

Thanks,,
jcreus
SultanMA wrote:
I'm not a user of mozilla thunderbird, but as I heared from all people that the microsoft outlock is the best email client. So , i hope u can giv it a try.

Thanks,,

Sure, but many people (including myself) will try to avoid any single program which is not free software/open source Wink
Josso
I don't know much about the updates but what I do know is it's about a million times better than the free version of outlook, and also better than the expensive copy. I had to get this because it provides good filters and a *launch application* options so I can now send commands to my computer through my phone, just through a few filters linked to my own batch files. I would have previously done with outlook (I didn't really know much about any other mail clients, never used one apart from in college) but they've completely ruined it like everything else microsoft make.
silverdown
I tried it once then uninstalled it cause I wasn't sure if i liked it.