FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Self Reporting ?

bukaida
I have noticed a bit funny thing . I can report myself as a spammer. Shouldn't the report this user link removed from self posting? May be Bondings can reply the reason behind it.
Nameless
I'm guessing because there's no pressing reason to remove it and coding an exception would take effort and risk bugs?
loremar
Nameless wrote:
I'm guessing because there's no pressing reason to remove it and coding an exception would take effort and risk bugs?

Yep, no reason to bother. And it's good to have some self-destruction mechanism. Who knows we might find it useful.

What I don't understand is why I'm the only one who does not have a donate button. Why is that? Confused
That is really unfair you know.
truespeed
I get self reports on my forum, for example, people who post in the wrong section and want the topic moving,so it does have its uses.
william
truespeed wrote:
I get self reports on my forum, for example, people who post in the wrong section and want the topic moving,so it does have its uses.

Yeah I was about to say the same thing. If I ever accidentally post in the wrong forum, it's easier to just report my own post than to contact a moderator that may or may not be available.

And of course it's nice to have a way to turn yourself in for being naughty out of guilt. Wink
Asap170
You may have one of those days where you just want to click it and report yourself just because you can...

This is my 600th post! Party at my place!...600 posts later and I am still loving this place.
Ghost Rider103
You'd probably be surprised on how many bots actually report themselves to us.

But there is no real reason to put effort into removing it. There are much more important things on the to-do list.
rajpk
not a good suggestion and not worth it. it require lot of coding AND i think people will not report their own thread until they dont have valid reason
not vote for it
sonam
loremar wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Yep, no reason to bother. And it's good to have some self-destruction mechanism. Who knows we might find it useful.

What I don't understand is why I'm the only one who does not have a donate button. Why is that? Confused

Ha, ha, ha. Sorry for lol but this is really fun. You haven't donate button because you cannot make self donations. I can see your donation button and you can see mine, but I cannot see mine donation button, too.

@bukaida
I sow this unnecessary button, too but I think Bondings don't want to loose time with this small problem. I don't think the people like to report their posts like spam. Very Happy

Sonam
Blaster
loremar wrote:
Nameless wrote:

You should have a donate button unless you are in a forum where you don't get frih/points.