FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

isaanimports.frihost.net

friscofrankie
I've just finished up my new site and before I start submitting it to search engines and whatnot i'd apreciate ya'll taking a peek. Mainly a catalog site, I am going to add more to the pictures area (both articles ans pics) maybe rename it to...
It's my first real attempt at PHP scripting. with database queries, updates and inserts. All home-brewed, there are no cut and paste or downloaded scripts. I did cut and modify one function fromthe pear ext DB_Pager but I modified quite heavily. it's also my firast attempt at a fully xHTML compliant page with full reliance on css.. I still need to clean up the PHP code in a couple fo places to make all the pages compliant but all except the order page should be compliant.
I've tried for a minimalist approach with small or no graphics; tryin' to conserve bandidth. I think works okay very little to distract you. I
Ah, hell, I could make excuses all day. check it out tell me what you think
*cringing*

FF
Donutey
it looks good, especially the good sized vibrant pictures. However the picture of the woman in the child is noticibly granulated. It might be a good idea to use a >slightly< higher quality picture, or a smaller one for the bandwidth concerned.

anyway good start and good luck Surprised
friscofrankie
That phot has been enlarged, compressed shrunk and re-enlarged so many times it's amazng it even show any color. All of the other shots were taken by me in the last few weeks. Agreed, it's grainy I really need to get back up the hills and grab a couple of shots. The amount of silver some of thes ladies can pile on is amazing. I have a whole series of shots all used n older sites and carried between boxes on cd/ flash drives, etc. It'll have to do for now.

Thanks for your feedback. I really need to hear whatfolks think
budazz
cool....but it looks like lonely.. Rolling Eyes
joshua_erceg
The layout looks okay-
It loaded quickly in my browser too....
7/10 from me Very Happy
saiyeek
friscofrankie wrote:
I've just finished up my new site and before I start submitting it to search engines and whatnot i'd apreciate ya'll taking a peek. Mainly a catalog site, I am going to add more to the pictures area (both articles ans pics) maybe rename it to...
It's my first real attempt at PHP scripting. with database queries, updates and inserts. All home-brewed, there are no cut and paste or downloaded scripts. I did cut and modify one function fromthe pear ext DB_Pager but I modified quite heavily. it's also my firast attempt at a fully xHTML compliant page with full reliance on css.. I still need to clean up the PHP code in a couple fo places to make all the pages compliant but all except the order page should be compliant.
I've tried for a minimalist approach with small or no graphics; tryin' to conserve bandidth. I think works okay very little to distract you. I
Ah, hell, I could make excuses all day. check it out tell me what you think
*cringing*
Okk, the site is good but see hey your font size is too large. please consider this.

FF
friscofrankie
saiyeek wrote:
Okk, the site is good but see hey your font size is too large. please consider this.

Yeah in windows the fonts appear hto heavy. For a while I was loading different stylesheets for windows os and the rest of the world. Th efonts appear thick in FF IE & OP on win just fine in *nix stuff. Maybe get rid of the helvetica in the SS and just call for sans-serif? dunno. I set the font weight to 400 then 300. went back to 400. The thing is the fonts are adjustable in the browser and if I go smaller? Then folks with high res monitiors can;t see shit. Real quandry about how to get it to work best maybe script a resolution query for different style sheets
Thanks for your input. I need al I can get...
friscofrankie
Just finished a couple fo all nighters re dong the site. I really wanted a slickeer look than I had before. also something ,ore prfessional looking, If some fo ya'll could take a look and tellme what you think I'd appreciate the feed back.
Donutey
i like the cleaner new design. you might want to change the hyperlink colors to more closely match your site's colors.
tingkagol
I like straightforward sites like these. Slams the product in front of the customer's face, no hassles, no bs.

It will definitely do for a selling website. Smile
mengshi200
yes,good,hope you success!
skyroja
too much white .. very boring ..and big photos.. i don't like it, give you 4/10..
moejoe
Looks very professional!
Nice bit colorful pics, i like it!
Good work