FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Realistic Avatars is best

FarPark
There are many virtual environments out there today. But it seems there are too many environments that make the avatars look childish. Give them cartoon like big heads. Make them look goofy in some way. Maybe kids might like that but adults don't. We are the ones ruling the virtual worlds. So why this concept?

Maybe these environments want to be different. They say hey lets give them oddly shaped big heads we will be different? They give each other Hi5's and run with it. Bad idea in my book. I go for realism. Skins that have a texture of being nearly photo realistic I would say.

Its places like IMVU or Small Worlds that have these weird looking avatars. I would rather go into Second Life or any OpenSimulator ran grid out there in a heart-beat Like osgrid.org. I want to know who is demanding the weird looking cartoon-like bigheaded avatar and what age brbracke.
Nameless
People see real people every day they go to work, or go shopping, or just wander outside. Virtual environments are a form of escapism from all that, so unrealistic avatars are a fun to way to distinguish from normal life.

Also, I have a sad confession. IRL, I do not actually have brown hair, own a suit or constantly wear cool shades. Sad
Bluedoll
FarPark wrote:
There are many virtual environments out there today. But it seems there are too many environments that make the avatars look childish. Give them cartoon like big heads. Make them look goofy in some way. Maybe kids might like that but adults don't. We are the ones ruling the virtual worlds. So why this concept?

Maybe these environments want to be different. They say hey lets give them oddly shaped big heads we will be different? They give each other Hi5's and run with it. Bad idea in my book. I go for realism. Skins that have a texture of being nearly photo realistic I would say.

Its places like IMVU or Small Worlds that have these weird looking avatars. I would rather go into Second Life or any OpenSimulator ran grid out there in a heart-beat Like osgrid.org. I want to know who is demanding the weird looking cartoon-like bigheaded avatar and what age brbracke.
Not sure why the trends go the way they do but in the doll world the transitional got replaced on the store shelf with expressive styles like Bratz for children though the high priced dolls for collectors stay with the realistic. Avatars might emulate these trends, I am not sure in virtual worlds and animation. Cool
Magicman
Nameless wrote:
People see real people every day they go to work, or go shopping, or just wander outside. Virtual environments are a form of escapism from all that, so unrealistic avatars are a fun to way to distinguish from normal life.

Also, I have a sad confession. IRL, I do not actually have brown hair, own a suit or constantly wear cool shades. Sad

I agree with Nameless. Online avatars allow you to express your personality better than a more realistic avatar. It's usually very difficult to create a realistic avatar that actually looks like you anyway, so the cartoonish avatars capture you better than a realistic one can.
ocalhoun
In some cases, this style is used to better show emotion, since most of the emotional cues are given by facial expressions, enlarging the face can make it easier to display emotions, particularly if the avatars are small on the screen.
mahirh
why not interface something like kinect and let it scan the player's face and try to replicate it
shivaghimire
I don't have any avatars used yet in frihost. In other too, like in facebook I usually keep profile photo according to my mood. Suppose, I have mood to read then avatars is according to reading and learning. Real photo is also somehow correct but that only for looking how is the person. so we can keep any avatars real or cartoon, no matter.
bukaida
Sometimes these Avtars represent the like-dislike, the wish to be and a portion of the person behind the Avtar. As in my case, I have the pic of my son as Avtar as I feel if I could go back to that age , the world around me would look much simpler and better. May be oneday we will have a time machine. Very Happy
airh3ad
aha when i was in high school i really love to sketches for my avatar now there is a lot o applications to be used. i will make my avatar soon.Smile avatar that's as unique and stylish as you are. Decorate your free 3D home with your favorite photos.
standready
mahirh wrote:
why not interface something like kinect and let it scan the player's face and try to replicate it

A scan of my face would break the scanner and anything connected to it. One day, I will have a 'cartoonish' avatar to represent myself on the web.
adri
I'm using my spinning bunny on a lot of forums, it has become a part of my online identity.

adri
loremar
standready wrote:
mahirh wrote:

A scan of my face would break the scanner and anything connected to it. One day, I will have a 'cartoonish' avatar to represent myself on the web.

LOL.

The internet is pretty much inhabited by anime geeks, cartoon geeks, comics geeks, artsy geeks, music geeks, gaming geeks, Gothic geeks, etc. etc. You can't escape from it. Call me a weeaboo but I grew up with Japanese anime blood in me. Though I don't often watch anime anymore but anime is pretty much a part of me.

Realistic photo of you or any realistic photo is just unrealistic. Your avatar is your way to express your personality. Like describe yourself in one word.