FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cowboys and Aliens

jwellsy
This is bound to become a classic. I haven't seen it yet. But, the premise is OFF THE HOOK.
Radar
I don't know. I've heard mixed things about it.
uira
Nah, it doesn't sound that good Confused
LostOverThere
Saw it on the opening weekend with low, low expectations - practically zero - and was still greatly disappointed. Granted, the acting is very good, but other than that it hasn't got anything going for it.

The writing is just atrocious, and the whole Cowboy and Alien aspects mesh together really badly. It just feels jarring - as if you're watching two very generic films, being cut side by side.

Sad, considering the people who made it should know better. Sad
Navigator
LostOverThere wrote:
Saw it on the opening weekend with low, low expectations - practically zero - and was still greatly disappointed. Granted, the acting is very good, but other than that it hasn't got anything going for it.

The writing is just atrocious, and the whole Cowboy and Alien aspects mesh together really badly. It just feels jarring - as if you're watching two very generic films, being cut side by side.

Its been a while since Spielberg lost his touch.
tomisme
LostOverThere wrote:

I totally agree with this. It's really wasting time to watch it, even though I don't have much thing to do. What's next, Zombies and Aliens?
I think this film will get a Raspberry Award for sure! Pray
catscratches
Navigator wrote:
Spielberg was only an executive producer. He didn't really have much to do with the film.

Haven't seen it but sounds stupid.
LostOverThere
Navigator wrote:

Don't be confused. Steven Spielberg was the executive producer - the only reason his name is linked to the movie is because he's one of the head honcho's of Dreamworks, and Cowboys & Aliens was produced by Dreamworks. In essence, Spielberg would have had nothing to do with the film whatsoever.
rayxzero
Another alien invasion story.
Zuex
From the title alone I think it won't be all that. I've checked some trailers and such on YouTube, very much doubting it's going to be good, when does it come out anyway?
Radar
Zuex wrote:
From the title alone I think it won't be all that.

Yes. At the same time though, that's it's biggest selling point. What do most people know about the movie? Nothing except who is in it and what it's called.

And to be honest, that argument is a pretty good argument to at least check it out.
caroline953
Harrison Ford and the special effects made the movie. Nice work on the aliens and their spacecraft. If you take the movie for what is (kick back and have fun watching it movie) you will enjoy it. Nice work Dream Works.
Blummer
Uhmm Ford & Craig - quite good pair. Highly doubt what will it become in the future, but maybe this movie is quite underestimated, I enjoyed it partially.