FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Dark Knight Rises

rogue_skydragon
Christopher Nolan's final installment in his Batman franchise will be coming out in the Summer of 2012. A plethora of leaked production photos of Batman, Bane, and Selina Kyle have been released for the public's viewing, and now we can see the direction in which Nolan could be taking the film. Lots of folks are speculating that the film will be based on the "Knightfall" storyline, in which Bane breaks Batman's back leaving Gotham to swarm with crime. I think it's an interesting possibility, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. You can watch the teaser trailer for the film here: http://www.bigmoviezone.com/filmsearch/clips/clip.html?uniq=1236

Do you have any speculations of your own? Let's hear 'em!
Radar
Okay. I haven't heard that one. My understanding, and feel free to correct me, is that Knightfall was originally intended to portray the death of Batman, before this was later revealed as merely crippling him. I'd be curious whether any elements of that are going to make into the final product.

I'm less familiar with Bane, so I'm tentatively curious. I'm hoping that Anne Hathaway does something surprising with the character she's portraying.

Yeah. Not quite sure. Hoping to be amazed.
menino
I believe Christopher Nolan won't disappoint, based on the movie Dark Knight which was pretty amazing till date... at least for me.

I'm sure Dark Knight Rises will be really good, but I was appalled to see that it is his final franchise, because to me if anyone could make Batman to be Batman, it has to be Christopher Nolan. He made the Joker as really evil and cunning, in Dark Knight, and I hope to see more of his movies as well later on, even if its not Batman, but some form of dark hero movies.
Blummer
Another film which I'm really looking forward to watch...Hope they won't reload Batman again.
Blummer
Really can't wait to see it. I think this one will follow the previous and be as cool as it is. I've read some spoilers and they really make sense.
tidruG
Radar wrote:
I'm less familiar with Bane, so I'm tentatively curious. I'm hoping that Anne Hathaway does something surprising with the character she's portraying.

From what I've seen of the trailers, Anne Hathaway looks like she's going to do a solid job. She looks properly evil and not just like a bimbo who entraps her opponents by kissing them (refer the old Batman movies). I am also excited at the way they seem to be portraying Bane, because Bane is supposed to be intelligent and as formidable an opponent as any for Batman.

In a way, I'm glad this is Nolan's final in the Batman series. Overdoing it could result in sub-standard films if the film-maker's heart is no longer in it.
Vanilla
tidruG wrote:
Radar wrote:

From what I've seen of the trailers, Anne Hathaway looks like she's going to do a solid job. She looks properly evil and not just like a bimbo who entraps her opponents by kissing them (refer the old Batman movies).

I don't know what happens in Cristopher Nolan's mind, because his female lead actresses tend to be bland. In the other Batman movies we got Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Just meh. They didn't make a big difference in the movies, so I really don't care about they. I just think that Anne Hathaway is oh so not like Selina Kyle...

Spoiler!
Anyway, I'm just excited to see Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow again. Can't wait. Very Happy
tidruG
Vanilla wrote:
I don't know what happens in Cristopher Nolan's mind, because his female lead actresses tend to be bland. In the other Batman movies we got Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Just meh. They didn't make a big difference in the movies, so I really don't care about they. I just think that Anne Hathaway is oh so not like Selina Kyle...
I think the character of Rachel Dawes was not very significant to the plot of Batman Begins. In The Dark Knight, her character contributes to pushing Dent to madness. So far, in either film, we haven't seen a female negative character. This is why I'm excited about Anne Hathaway/Poison Ivy. As as you said, going by the depiction of Selina Kyle so far, Anne Hathaway will have to pull off something different to what she's done so far in order to win accolades. Prior to The Dark Knight, I don't recall Heath Ledger portraying a negative role either.
Blummer
What I love in Nolan's view is his different approach to things in terms of costumes and overall design. So I expect Selina to be magnificent. Of course she will be different from previous, but one has to look at it from positive side.

Oh and I've heard (not here) many people saying 'What will be Batman without Joker'...God, I would agree, if only Batman had one villain. But come one, there are tons of them, they need to explored, don't they?
rogue_skydragon
The official trailer is now available for viewing on http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedarkknightrises/

Epic, no?
Insanity
I'm expecting great things from this series of Batman. The first two were fantastic, so I think it would be necessary to be watching the next ones. Christopher Nolan is a great director, as you can see in Inception and the past movies.
loyal
I just wikipediaed the Knightfall storyline. Seems that the producers of the storylines went through a phrase of ending the best superheros like Superman and Doomsday, and Batman in the Knightfall story. I wonder if this new third film is about this storyline whether they'll change the ending to something happier.
rogue_skydragon
I really think this third film will end on quite a dark tone. Nolan has stated that this would be his very last Batman film, and that this would be the END of Batman.
_AVG_
I found the trailer very dark indeed, especially some implicit references to inequality (given the light of the Wall Street Protest movement). The shots look stunning too (especially the football scene). One thing is evident - Nolan is a brilliant film-maker.
I can't wait to watch this one!
Blummer
What I love in Nolan's view is that he feels how the others can see Batman. Times of those old superhero films are gone and styles change from decade to decade. No one known how other directors in the future will imagine Batman.
cybersa
I Sure this movie is going to be big Hit.
portoskt
cant wait to see it. batman is one of my favourite characters of all the time ))