FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to End Your Pen Pal Relationship with an Inmate

bigbang4u2
Sometimes it becomes necessary to end a relationship with an inmate pen pal. This could be because the inmate becomes harassing, sending you excessive mail when you've asked him or her to stop, starts making threats either directly or indirectly or seeks romantic involvement after you've already declined.

Obviously, first try to end the relationship with the inmate directly. "I'm sorry, but I can longer be your pen pal." If you do feel you need to include a reason, be honest, "I don't appreciate requests for money and I'm not interested in you romantically. Since you've decided to not honor this, I will end our letter writing relationship." If this does not stop the inmate from continuing to write to you, report the inmate directly to the prison facility where he or she is located and advise the mail room and or Chaplain's department that you no longer wish to receive mail from said inmate.
The_unnamed_label
Sorry to ask, but I'm French, so I'm not sure... you call an inmate pen pal someone that is doing his/her prison time yeah??

are you talking about your own experience here?