FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Uploading

otiscom
After uploading to my site the new changes aren't there !

Is there a delay before they are seen?
Bondings
otiscom wrote:

Your browser/isp might cache it, but normally you should see them immediately.
dan751
Also, if you still don't see the changes, perhaps try clearing your browser's cache.
progman89
Could you clarify what you mean by changes? Do you mean hacks to a script, new pages, etc., etc.
Aelita
No there usually is not a delay, but you might want to clear your cache out and try again. that might be the problem.

*Okay there werent any replies when i replied, but there your answer again... clear your cache
Daniel15
Make sure you put your files in the /public_html/ directory. This is where all the files for your site go. Files in all the other directories are inaccessible by visitors to your site.
budazz
Bondings wrote:
otiscom wrote:

Your browser/isp might cache it, but normally you should see them immediately.

what is the meaning of caching?...explain it please.. Confused
Bondings
budazz wrote:

It's using an older version of the file in order to save bandwidth. Browsers like Opera do this a lot. Instead of downloading each time the same images, they just use the previous ones. Of course, if those images changed, then you see the old ones instead of the new ones. Some isp's do the same thing.
engeland
Bondings wrote:
budazz wrote:

It's using an older version of the file in order to save bandwidth. Browsers like Opera do this a lot. Instead of downloading each time the same images, they just use the previous ones. Of course, if those images changed, then you see the old ones instead of the new ones. Some isp's do the same thing.

now that helps alot bondings thanx. I didn't know what caching meant till now Smile
otiscom
I clear cache as a mater of course.
The files are in the right place.

The site eventualy seemed to work ! It seems ther is a timing issue or perhaps my ISP server also caches?

I still get intermitent problems with my webcam (page4) and panoramas (page2)

Thanks for everyones help.
Daniel15
otiscom wrote:
The site eventualy seemed to work ! It seems ther is a timing issue or perhaps my ISP server also caches?

Your ISP could use a 'transparent proxy'. This means that they use a proxy server, but you don't need to set it up. You don't even know it's there. My ISP's transparent proxy used to have a reputation for returning old version of pages (you'd need to refresh the page about 4-5 times to get the new page), but it seems to be fixed now.
smallcalf
I had this problem recently.

May be you must clean up your cache:

1. If you use Internet Explorer: Tool-->Internet Option-->Delete Files--->select "Delete all offline content". Press OK.
One way to prevent this in the future: Tool-->Internet Option-->Setting-->"Select Every visit to the page". Press OK.

2. If you use firefox: Tools-->Options-->Privacy-->Clear all
Usually, I dont have that problem with firefox.

Did you upload the file to the correct folder in the host?
Normally you put it in the public_html or some folder under it.

Hope it will help you.