FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

creed , defenitely ranks the best in rock

ronjacob
It's not easy to find a success story as genuine as Creed's in popular culture these days when considering all of the carefully scripted rises to glory and the falls that inevitably follow careers built on hype. If any band in recent years can claim to have ascended strictly on its own merits, it's Creed. This Florida-based band went from zero to sixty, (or, more accurately, from zero to selling more than twenty million albums) by virtue of a combination of finger-on-the-pulse songs and powerful live performances.
icugaming
ronjacob wrote:
It's not easy to find a success story as genuine as Creed's in popular culture these days when considering all of the carefully scripted rises to glory and the falls that inevitably follow careers built on hype. If any band in recent years can claim to have ascended strictly on its own merits, it's Creed. This Florida-based band went from zero to sixty, (or, more accurately, from zero to selling more than twenty million albums) by virtue of a combination of finger-on-the-pulse songs and powerful live performances.

I laughed quite a bit, in fact I spat my water at the screen, when I read this.

Haha yeah, they went from "zero to sixty"... and right back down to zero. Greedy bastards.
gh0stface
Are you kidding? Creed as one of the best bands ever? Your credibility on this forum, in my eyes has dropped significantly. They are one of the top crappiest bands that are out there. I for one am glad they have broken up.
sandmanxyz
I agree!!! Creed has incredible songs.Other bands attack them because they have not the sucess of them.My sacrifice,Bullets,Dont stop dancing,What if,Hide,..all of them are great songs.The most important in music is to make good songs and they have done it. 22 millions of albums sold only in the USA.

All the problems came because people said that they were a copy of Pearl Jam.I like a lot the two bands but Creed has its personality.I can' t see why are similar Jeremy and Bullets or Wheatered and Even flow.

I have been playing the guitar for about 12 years and I love the personal way to play the instrument that Mark Tremonti has.And if you were into Creed now you can listen Alter Bridge as a band with good songs and personality.Tremonti 100%.

And in a few days the release of Scott Stapp "The great Divide".For those who love this band all of these are great news.

Goodbye with arms wide open.
shr3dd
Are you serious? I've said Creed was good one day as a joke, no one thought it was funny. Their guitarist has talent, but doesn't display it in any Creed song except "Pity For a Dime." Creed was a sell-out band, writing crap lyrics from a crap frontman. Scott Stapp destroyed any shard of the band's musical potential.

P.S. In case you are serious, check out Alter Bridge, Tremonti solos, that's the ONLY good thing about it.
ronjacob
If somebody thinks "With Arms Wide Open" is having crap lyrics then he has some serious emotional distress. Wink
Just kidding!!
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.........
djbungle
creed really suck, theres something wrong with you guys...
Hippie
They just might be a good band, if all of the band members didn't have about 30 cubic meters of penis up the very wrong canal. Once they figure that out, we'll talk.
Luis
ours I liked creedd a lot...now I don't hear more because I am without time but their sound and good mutio
the guys play very well even
Wink
rip8fan1
The problem with Creed (and many other bands), is their songs sound the same!! Their songs are good, and that is why they can sell so many albums, but because they sound so much alike, there is no need to buy more than a couple albums!! I think the best band I can think of that emulated Creed (but was first) would be Hootie and the Blowfish. All their songs sounded so much alike, it was inevitable that they would flounder!

When you talk about the GREATEST BANDS ever, you talk about the Beatles, Stones, Floyd, etc. and their songs are not all alike!!!

It is just my opinion!
tidruG
Creed were one of the best in their genre... whatever you wanna call it... I call it Emo-Alt-Rock. All their lyrics had a lot to do with the same thing... idealism. Probably one of the reasons Creed is so popular is because of their lyrics. Stapp writes (or rather, used to write) in a simple fluid manner which was easy to understand. He always wrote about positive stuff, things like how the world should be instead of how the world is. However, musically, you cannot say that they were/are the best ever Rock band. Tremonti though has got talent.
Huhnteufel
I used to like Creed, but I now find their songs to be very similair to each other, the music kind of "blah", and really, kind of sappy.
bkatz
are you serious? lol

*puke*

creed sounds like every other band pretty much.
gnomme
ronjacob wrote:

Please return Creed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Healckles
Creed Rules

I Have your 3 albuns, and all your soungs are wonderfull *_*

that΄s be good, that these guys come back to the scene, ho knows they wanna be make more sucess, and wanna be won much more fans like me^^
supjapscrapper
gh0stface wrote:
Are you kidding? Creed as one of the best bands ever? Your credibility on this forum, in my eyes has dropped significantly. They are one of the top crappiest bands that are out there. I for one am glad they have broken up.

wow man, creed have been undoubtebly one of the best rock bands ever and they couldn't have sold 20 Million albums like that.
A "classical" rock trio that has generated so much tension can't be bad ...
just say that you don't like the band , don't say they are bad ...