FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hosting Question

jarred89
Hello I was wondering if i can delete the public_html folder and just put all the pages in the www directory. Also can i delete all the folders that come up in the directory as i have nothig on my site yet i am making it now.
Thanks
Summer
What's wrong with the folder ? Why u want to delete it . I have no idea what will happen if u delete , but I think u better dont do it .
engeland
best not to delete it because that's the folder that which will display all your webpages..

without it i doubt your pages will show Confused
Bondings
The www is just a redirection to the public_html directory. They have the same files.
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
The www is just a redirection to the public_html directory. They have the same files.

Exactly. The www is a UNIX-style link to public_html, much like a Windows shortcut. If you delete public_html, then the www folder will also dissapear. They're linked together.

If you want to delete the folders such as _vti_cnf, _vti_pvt, etc. then disable FrontPage Extensions. This is what causes all those folders.