FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to set: Mydomain+freends.afraid.org+gmail apps?

brianj
I hope i came to the right place to ask?
So far, here's what i do.

1. setting my domain(aaa.com) DNS from my registrar panel with afraid.org DNS.
2. adding domain aaa.com to afraid.org panel.
3. pointing A record of aaa.com and www.aaa.com to frihost server 4 IP(184.95.62.146). is this right?
4. adding secondaries, adding ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org(its already set up to ns1-ns4 .afraid.org, the default). is this necessary?
5. deleting any mx record, i delete mail.aaa.com and recreating CNAME pointing to ghs.google.com.
6. adding all google mx record

Is this right? how do i check that my website is already point to frihost hosting? how do i check that between frihost>afraid.org>my registrar is already connecting without waiting for 24h or more?

edit:
www.aaa.com last time i check is already pointing to frihost
but aaa.com is still in my old hosting? how can it be? how to set aaa.com and www.aaa.com pointing the same website? any realible method beside the "A record"? i read about adding NS through afraid.org? how can i do this?
badai
using zoneedit. the way i do it:

1. create domain in frihost so that frihost can handle hosting. this will also create mx record in frihost dns.
2. in zoneedit: mydomain and www.mydomain cname point to username.frihost2.
3. in zoneedit: mydomain mx records all point to google's
4. in google apps: create a dummy domain (dummy.mydomain) as domain alias, and set its mx records to google's. this dummy domain is to be used by any script in frihost to send e-mail to me. otherwise, frihost will try to deliver it to frihost's mailbox.

it's not wise to create a record to point to frihost's ip. this is because frihost server can change ip. just create cname to point to username.frihost.
brianj
well, i do try everydns and zoneedit, but they only come with 2 free zone. afraid.org give me as many as we want.
what i need to ask is,
howcome my website be different, between www.aaa.com, and aaa.com. i use the same setting on afraid.org. using A record to point to frihost IP(server4). anyway, the www.aaa.com give me a 403 error. it seems it point to the /domain/domainname folder, not to the usual public_html/domainname,(as the aaa.com point), how come?
badai
just set www.aaa.com as cname point to aaa.com
ogah
to check domain is already point to hosting use DNS lookup tools, you can search on google or use my DNS lookup
bruks
Oh, it's useful information
k_s_baskar
here is a sub question:
Does using A record is equal to using frihost nameserver (ns1.frih.net,ns2.frih.net) in google bots view?.
badai
k_s_baskar wrote:
here is a sub question:
Does using A record is equal to using frihost nameserver (ns1.frih.net,ns2.frih.net) in google bots view?.

do you know what's an A record is? hint: you need nameserver

do you know what nameserver is, and why you have to use it? hint: it has A records.

do you know what googlebot is, and what it does? hint: it use nameserver to get A record.

after you can answer these, rephrase your question. hint: wikipedia.
k_s_baskar
Quote:
do you know what's an A record is? hint: you need nameserver
do you know what nameserver is, and why you have to use it? hint: it has A records.

Your hint is really confusing i know nameservers (NS Records) is used to point a domain to IP. and if I pointed to somewhere else for different purpose than i need A record to point my domain to webserver.

Code:
do you know what googlebot is, and what it does? hint: it use nameserver to get A record.

So I did't have A record pointing to frihost but have frihost nameservers records then googlebot don't recognize my site?????!!!

Quote:
after you can answer these, rephrase your question. hint: wikipedia.

shall you please explain in detail Smile
Note: Sorry for my English
badai
Quote:
and if I pointed to somewhere else for different purpose than i need A record to point my domain to webserver.

rephrase this. don't understand what you mean.

Quote:
So I did't have A record pointing to frihost but have frihost nameservers records then googlebot don't recognize my site

what googlebot bot does is simply following a link in the page that its already indexed. it sees a link, follow it. if it can resolve the domain name, it goes to that page and check if it's allowed to index it (it reads robots.txt file) and index it.

what is your problem? can you surf aaa.com on your browser?

if your website is hosted in frihost and you can surf by using your domain name, google WILL index your site because it already have frihost IP and will keep coming back to index it. and if you put the link of your site in this forum, it will definitely be indexed.

the only reason you can't find it in search result is because it's ranked very low. if you uses specified search term that you are sure only related to your site, it will show up in search result.