FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chemical conspiracy

Bikerman
Many people are probably familiar with the conspiracy to keep lead in petrol, long after the toxic effects of Tetra-ethyl-lead were known about.
http://www.radford.edu/~wkovarik/ethylwar/

It seems that there is another conspiracy to keep the dangers of hydrogen hydroxide (also known as dihydrogen monoxide) from the public:
http://www.netreach.net/~rjones/no_dhmo.html

Wink
Ankhanu
I read that as hydrogen peroxide before clicking the link to get more info, thinking, "well, that's why we have peroxidase..." I didn't clue in until I started reading and read that the compound was odourless, and I thought, "it has an odour..."

It's interesting how a simple mix up can persist for a bit and cause confusion.

Yeah, hydrogen hydroxide is a completely different story.
coolclay
You guys have to be kidding me... please tell me you're not serious right?

dihydrogen monoxide/hydrogen hydroxide?

Let's think about some basic chemistry here, dihydrogen=2 hydrogen molecules, monoxide=1 oxygen molecule, or hydrogen= 1 hydrogen molecule and hydroxide=1 hydrogen + 1 oxygen.

Both aka. H2O

Laughing
Bikerman
Duh..Perhaps we knew that, do ya think?
deanhills
coolclay wrote:
You guys have to be kidding me... please tell me you're not serious right?

dihydrogen monoxide/hydrogen hydroxide?

Let's think about some basic chemistry here, dihydrogen=2 hydrogen molecules, monoxide=1 oxygen molecule, or hydrogen= 1 hydrogen molecule and hydroxide=1 hydrogen + 1 oxygen.

Both aka. H2O

Laughing
I'm with you on that one Coolclay. Thanks for simplifying it. Very Happy
Asap170
Bikerman wrote:
Many people are probably familiar with the conspiracy to keep lead in petrol, long after the toxic effects of Tetra-ethyl-lead were known about.
http://www.radford.edu/~wkovarik/ethylwar/

It seems that there is another conspiracy to keep the dangers of hydrogen hydroxide (also known as dihydrogen monoxide) from the public:
http://www.netreach.net/~rjones/no_dhmo.html

Wink

Well obviously it may not be as bad as monoxide, but just have the dihydrogren monoxide just sort of makes it weaker so therefore it's harder to figure it that it's poisoness.
Bikerman
That depends what you mean. It isn't toxic in reasonable quantities, but it is often fatal if inhaled. In fact over a million people are killed every year from inhaling hydrogen hydroxide.
c'tair
Yep. It's really good that you bought this up. I actually spotted a hydrogen hydroxide leak in my own home Shocked . I quickly got rid of it, but it was a close shave.

I also noticed that some people actually transport small quantities of this toxin with them in containers, I think they're employed by the NWO to quietly disperse this chemical and thus keep the masses intoxicated.
watersoul
Lol, its an old one but still funny Laughing
speeDemon
You just shook my fundamentals of chemistry! Razz
hehe, DHMO isn't poisonous! it only acts poisonous between the temperatures of 0 degree Celsius to 4 degree Celsius, showing an exceptional behaviour.

I believe that there are DHMO deposits in western Europe as well as in California... people should seriously learn from the mistakes of 1997...
loremar
Being exposed to high amounts of dihydrogen monoxide can cause a person to sweat like hell.
To neutralize this effect you have to drink a glass of highly toxic hydrogen hydroxide.
Beware don't inhale, this will cause severe asphyxia. Laughing

This morning, I accidentally inhaled dihydrogen monoxide after I came into contact with some hydogen hydroxide. But a dose of caffeine in the morning was good.

By the way, too many oxygen can also damage your lungs.
Breath carefully.
Wink
Aredon
I'm kind of disappointed. I was hoping for a discussion about fluoride. However, I got a pretty good chuckle out of this thread. Thanks for sharing Smile.
coolclay
Quote:
Bikerman
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:03 am Post subject:
Duh..Perhaps we knew that, do ya think?

Sorry, but I've learned to never underestimate the stupidity of human kind!
Bikerman
Hmm...I obviously haven't created much of a good impression with my postings if you think I would seriously fall for that one Sad