FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Log Me In

Lukrasha
I found out about this from a friend who works on the Geek Squad at Best Buy. He told me about this site called www.logmein.com that allows you to get your computer from anywhere, anytime. You can remotely take control of your computer from anywhere using their website. The only time you download anything is the software to the computer you want to control! It's very simmilar to Windows Terminal Networking, but much better. Check it out Cool
mark
I don't trust this thing. Wouldnt it mean that you are giving them access to your computer as well? ....
yjwong
Don't take security for granted.

It is not worth it you know...Convenience for Security...
RA
I just use a secure VNC. As long as you have a fast connection, it works quite well.
dxhunter
Alternative for you use RADMIN....
And I use one time Log Me in.
James007
I have used logmein to help someone out with his computer...
I find it quit secure... because of all the passwords I had to know before being able to log in.

Passwords is one thing, encryption is another thing... I can't tell you anything about the site's encryption.

But I think you can thrust that site... It is legitimate Smile

James Smile
bananaphone
Dosen't seem very safe from a security point of view...
kennyq3a
I tried this for a little bit and it worked well as far as actually being able to remote to my work pc from home, but I didn't trust the Java security, so I now instead using BeyondRemote client and server free from download.com
It is free, easytouse and friendly.
netjunk
I used to use log me in for getting files off other computers on my network because I found it better than remote desktop but I got a free trial of Netsupport and It is very good but very pricey.