FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Return to Original Forum after Submitting Spam Report

deanhills
Is there any way that the Report function can be programmed so that once the Report has been submitted that we can return to the Forum and post where we picked up on the Spam. Presently, if I submit the report I am kicked out of the Forum to a page where I have to look for the Forum again. I'd preferably return to the Forum and the post that I reported, particularly when there are three spam posts in succession.
Very Happy
badai
+1
ocalhoun
It is possible to do, but would require some in depth coding, as well as an intimate knowledge of the workings of phpbb...

For now, what I (used to) do is to just open the report link in a new tab, and close that tab when finished making the report.

If (like me) you're used to using the 'middle click' to open links in new tabs, it is extremely easy.
(If you don't know how to do that, most scroll-wheel mice (and some non-scrolling) actually have a middle button, which can be clicked by pushing the scroll wheel straight down. Doing this 'middle click' with the cursor on a link is -- in every tabbed browser I've ever used -- a shortcut for opening that link in a new tab. Once you get used to it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.)
loremar
ocalhoun wrote:
If (like me) you're used to using the 'middle click' to open links in new tabs, it is extremely easy.
(If you don't know how to do that, most scroll-wheel mice (and some non-scrolling) actually have a middle button, which can be clicked by pushing the scroll wheel straight down. Doing this 'middle click' with the cursor on a link is -- in every tabbed browser I've ever used -- a shortcut for opening that link in a new tab. Once you get used to it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.)

Thanks Ocalhoun. This is a major discovery for me. I usually use the right click menu. Now, I can save one click to open a link in a new tab. Smile
deanhills
Me too, I never knew there was a magic trick in the scroll-wheel! Awesome idea Ocalhoun. Will definitely open up the report in a new tab. That should do it nicely. Thanks! Very Happy

watersoul
I just click 'back' three times, it's not difficult and I don't really see the need to change anything.
Kind of like looking for a solution to a problem that isn't there, unless of course you have some unusual browser or keyboard which doesn't allow you to go 'back' Rolling Eyes
Ankhanu
watersoul wrote:
I just click 'back' three times, it's not difficult and I don't really see the need to change anything.
Kind of like looking for a solution to a problem that isn't there, unless of course you have some unusual browser or keyboard which doesn't allow you to go 'back' Rolling Eyes

This was my thought... though I don't use the button Wink I hit backspace, or three finger swipe to the left on my trackpad and it gets me right where I wanted to be.
deanhills
Brilliant! Now why did I not think of this myself? We're lucky to have such bright guys like you on the Board. Thanks for the tip.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
Brilliant! Now why did I not think of this myself? We're lucky to have such bright guys like you on the Board. Thanks for the tip.

Glad to help you fella, as always, if you're struggling in future please feel free to PM me for more useful advice...my door is always open Wink
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Glad to help you fella, as always, if you're struggling in future please feel free to PM me for more useful advice...my door is always open Wink
Thanks Watersoul. We're really lucky to have you at Frihost. Very Happy
watersoul
deanhills wrote:

...we're all lucky at certain times Razz
loremar
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:

...we're all lucky at certain times Razz

Hey, don't flatter yourself too much. It's really no big deal. hehe. Razz