FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rooting an LG Optimus T

weableandbob
Does anyone have a link to a video or guide on how to root an LG Optimus T? Google comes up with several different methods such as using Google's ADB or an APK called Z4Root, but I'm not sure which ones work on the most up-to-date firmware and such.
thnn
I think the Optimus T is the same as the Optimus One P500 in other markets.

It is simple to root your phone, but it can depend on what version of android is installed. I used gingerbreak (you should be able to find it on a xda) to root my phone.

Also if you are interested in installing gingerbread on your phone (before LG releases it), this article is very very good. I used it to install it yesterday, and it worked perfectly. Just make sure you follow the instructions if you follow this route (the phone will be rooted after doing this)

http://webtrickz.com/guide-to-install-android-2-3-4-gingerbread-custom-rom-on-lg-optimus-one-step-by-step-instructions/
cybersa
What version of android you have?
If you have Froyo,then try Below
Superone Click
or
Gingerbreak

If you have Gingerbread,try
Ginger Break
Hello_World
ROFL at title. I wouldn't root that if I was you LOL. Better off with a prostitute if you are that desparate.
weableandbob
I'm using Froyo. Thanks for the suggestion.
menino
I'm also interested in this.
I have an LG android phone and want to root it as well, and its running Gingerbread I think. its version 2.1, right?
I'm a newbie to the android phone arena, so this here is a good start Very Happy
thnn
menino wrote:
I'm also interested in this.
I have an LG android phone and want to root it as well, and its running Gingerbread I think. its version 2.1, right?
I'm a newbie to the android phone arena, so this here is a good start Very Happy

Gingerbread is 2.3, If you are running 2.1 then that is Eclair
menino
Actually, what I got is Froyo, but have left it aside and using my trusty old ancient Nokia, as the battery life on the android phone lasts for only half a day.
Its ok, since I can charge it on the laptop, but its still a bit of a hassle.
In any case, I will try to use it, as I do like a lot of other features and applications that come with the android phone, although, I got it a bit cheap on offer, and now I think I know why.
Besides that, I find it slow when running a few apps, where I think other apps are probably running in the background.
cybersa
menino wrote:
Actually, what I got is Froyo, but have left it aside and using my trusty old ancient Nokia, as the battery life on the android phone lasts for only half a day.
Its ok, since I can charge it on the laptop, but its still a bit of a hassle.
In any case, I will try to use it, as I do like a lot of other features and applications that come with the android phone, although, I got it a bit cheap on offer, and now I think I know why.
Besides that, I find it slow when running a few apps, where I think other apps are probably running in the background.

Some application will run on background it due to following reason,
For Example,Battery Meter(Runs Always).
Twitter Client(Run for every custom mins).
Etc...

You can stop these update and this will increase your battery life and speed.
In other option,You can use Taskkiller to kill background application.