FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spontaneous Log-outs

deanhills
I thought I should mention that I have been spontaneously logged out about five times already during one sitting tonight. Hope everything is OK?

Everytime when I upload a post, then I get automatically logged out. The post where it happened the most was one that was created in 2005. Could that have something to do with it? This is the thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-15796.html
loremar
deanhills wrote:
I thought I should mention that I have been spontaneously logged out about five times already during one sitting tonight. Hope everything is OK?

Everytime when I upload a post, then I get automatically logged out. The post where it happened the most was one that was created in 2005. Could that have something to do with it? This is the thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-15796.html

I didn't have any problem posting there. Must be something wrong in your connection?
deanhills
loremar wrote:

I didn't have any problem posting there. Must be something wrong in your connection?
I post in another Forum and I did not have any problems there so my connection must be OK. It does seem to have fixed itself however as I haven't had problems today so far.
deanhills
Am posting the same time I did last night when I was kicked out periodically. Have just been kicked out again. Bizarre! Wonder what that could be?
Question
loremar
deanhills wrote:
Am posting the same time I did last night when I was kicked out periodically. Have just been kicked out again. Bizarre! Wonder what that could be?
Question

Dean, I think they're moving you to the next rank.

or this:

I hope not.
Laughing
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

Everytime when I upload a post, then I get automatically logged out.

How long did you spend typing the post?
After a certain period of inactivity (I don't know how long, but more than 5min), you are automatically logged out... So if you've been typing a post for more than that time, then submit the post, you're already logged out by that time, so submitting the post generates an error about not being logged in.

I used to have problems like that when replying to long-winded P&R posts line-by-line, but to fix it, I started having my browser (via an add-on) automatically reload the forum index page every 5 minutes in a different tab, which counts as forum activity, and keeps me logged in for as long as I need.
loremar
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

After a certain period of inactivity (I don't know how long, but more than 5min), you are automatically logged out... So if you've been typing a post for more than that time, then submit the post, you're already logged out by that time, so submitting the post generates an error about not being logged in.

I used to have problems like that when replying to long-winded P&R posts line-by-line, but to fix it, I started having my browser (via an add-on) automatically reload the forum index page every 5 minutes in a different tab, which counts as forum activity, and keeps me logged in for as long as I need.

That was also my guess because I used to be logged out frequently when I started frihost due to inactivity. But I have experienced posting more than 5 minutes(I'm a slow typer and thinker) and did not logged out. Maybe this is just a random case or maybe to much traffic in UAE. Try checking other accounts and see if you log out while posting.
truespeed
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

That not true,i can be away from frihost for over an hour.click back on the link and still be logged in,the only time it logs me out is if i exit the browser.
loremar
truespeed wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

That not true,i can be away from frihost for over an hour.click back on the link and still be logged in,the only time it logs me out is if i exit the browser.

Or when you're disconnected your internet for a few seconds or minutes.