FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Firefox beta?

Arty
The newest version of Firefox is faster than Chrome. a lot faster, actually. but I still prefer chrome more. Firefox beta may load pages faster, but the UI seems to be lagging behind.

How do other browser users feel about this, since it is usually general belief Firefox is a slow / bloated browser compared to Chrome?
flamepjlh
Arty wrote:
The newest version of Firefox is faster than Chrome. a lot faster, actually. but I still prefer chrome more. Firefox beta may load pages faster, but the UI seems to be lagging behind.

How do other browser users feel about this, since it is usually general belief Firefox is a slow / bloated browser compared to Chrome?

I like firefox , too                                       

Chrome is just too simple.
Razz Razz
cybersa
Thanks for your information.
Going to try it soon.

Only Firefox for me. Smile
welshsteve
It is fast yes, but it still takes a lot longer than Chrome to load initially. I use both browsers. I have been a Firefox user since the days of "Firebird". But I started using chrome when Firefox 3 and 4 were just grounding my pc to a halt with their memory hogging issues.
xSteam
I used firefox for many years. I have been also using nightlies and betas. But still, Chrome's much faster than firefox... The only good thing about firefox now compared to Chrome are the plugins but Google Chrome community is growing up fast though. Smile
Nameless
Firefox neatly does everything I want my internet browser to do, and anything else I can turn off. Supposed small differences in page loading have never been enough for me to warrant the effort of trying another browser, lol.
SeriousBug
I have Firefox Aurora version(currently 7.0a2) and it does work very fast. It seems bug-free to me as well, despite being an untested build. I suggest using Firefox Beta or Firefox Aurora.
Navigator
Sounding good, but I assume this is without any add-ons or plugins installed.
jcreus
Arty wrote:

In my opinion, the Chrome UI is oversimplistic and doesn't have as many features as Firefox. But Firefox wants to take new approaches which I don't like much, and I try to keep the UI as traditional as possible (menubars, etc.).

But Firefox still wins in number of plugins. And that does matter. The speed difference not much, for me, both are really fast. BTW, which beta version? Firefox 6/7? A lot of new versions will appear this year.
kirii
honestly when comes to downloading stuffs,firefox works better for me..
i always suffer from disconnection when i download my documents from medifire etc if the file is large
silverdown
I do not use betas due to the fact i has bugs.... i really do!
xSteam
silverdown wrote:
I do not use betas due to the fact i has bugs.... i really do!

Well, it's people like us who help they become bug free.
gverutes
I can't stand how long it takes to update Firefox. However, Chromes bookmarks interface is not nearly as good as FireFox
silverdown
Firefox 6 is out i think that what i just updated i can't believe it going fricken fast with the updates.
the-guide
I think Chrome is faster than Firefox but it has less features than Firefox. Also, Chrome always crack down
on my PC. That why I prefer Firefox than Chrome.

Recently, Firefox 6 was upgraded on my PC , I've noticed that the start-up times with Firefox 6 is better
than the old version (though it not much). What I like is it has a new permissions feature that allows me
to configure the permissions for a particular website (just type "about:permissions" on its address bar).
With this new feature, I can configure many things such as acceptance of cookies, pop-ups, passwords,
location sharing, and etc. I think I got more security in Firefox 6.

tuan
i currently using firefox 7 beta , it use less memory and more stable as previous version
tamilparks
yes very good
dude_xyx
Problem with using the latest versions is most of the addons are not working. I use this SEOBook addon which works with Firefox 6 but freeze the whole browser for 30-40 seconds in every few minutes. Now I have disabled all addons and firefox runs fine.

Also I think Safari run fast. At least as fast as Firefox.
Blummer
I personally don't use betas. I understand that it's very important sometimes to download and test theme but I rely on others. As soon as new one comes out, I install it. I have to say it was very hard for me to switch to 6th version, but I managed to overturn it.