FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The best of Westlife

trucnv89
If someone ask me who's the best singer i admire? I will answer that is Westlife.
tingkagol
I'd probably pick the Backstreet Boys over them. Can't stand Westlife.
gverutes
Who is Westlife? Never heard of 'em.
wellerchap
Is this a joke thread?
Sorry, but Westlife are the musical anti-Christ....so talentless and manufactured they're more wooden than the chair I'd be standing on to hang myself, if I found out they were all coming to live nextdoor to me.
Go on, please say it's a joke?!! Shocked
chartcentral
With the title of the thread being "The Best of Westlife," I was thinking this thread will talk about their best songs out there (and videos, albums and other stuff related to their music).

I've owned the first two albums of this boyband (self-titled and Coast to Coast), and I could say they are good. My favorites from them would be "If I Let You Go," "My Love," "I Lay My Love on You," and "Bop Bop Baby."
tingkagol
wellerchap wrote:
Is this a joke thread?
Sorry, but Westlife are the musical anti-Christ....so talentless and manufactured they're more wooden than the chair I'd be standing on to hang myself, if I found out they were all coming to live nextdoor to me.

Definitely not a joke. And unsurprisingly so. Alot of people actually like Westlife. But I agree, they're one of the worst.

I know I mentioned The Backstreet Boys in my previous post, and while they were in the same league as Westlife, at least they had a bit of 'swagger' in them. (Same goes for NSuck, I mean, NSync.) They danced a bit, they had some decent love songs, and it's a blast to fool around with their songs in karaoke. At the very least.

Westlife, on the other hand, were just tremendously tacky and wooden (as wellerchap mentioned). They looked too serious, and they all acted old for their age- like they were some really classy lads in their 50s sipping champagne and singing to their songs like they were doing the world some awesome favor. I swear, if I ever hear their version of "seasons in the sun" I think I'm going to shoot a puppy.

Another boyband I absolutely hate is Blue. Oh my god.... absolutely horrendous.
myqute
WesLife or WestLife?

Why are they anti-Christ? Do they support assisted suicides?
truespeed
myqute wrote:
WesLife or WestLife?

Why are they anti-Christ? Do they support assisted suicides?

Yes!
Dialogist
chartcentral wrote:
With the title of the thread being "The Best of Westlife," I was thinking this thread will talk about their best songs out there (and videos, albums and other stuff related to their music).

I was expecting a single. Or an EP at best. Yet you could play me a snippet... Not even that, you show me a picture of them. How they are presented, what kind of genre they encapsulate, what kind of 'music' that always accompanies this image is transmitted instantly to the central nervous system and pings the BS radar like some sort of Luftwaffe air strike.

Good yardstick: Is Simon Cowell involved? Yes he manufactured them. Well this sounds incredibly ominous. But I'm a fair man... How about Louis Walsh? Yes he's their manager. I see. Steaming plate of cow's dung who couldn't write a note to their gym teacher, then?

No, they are truly awesome and trendy and have stylish hairdos.

Normally I'd stop myself being such a grumpy old fart and say, hey, it's just teenager music, let them enjoy it, even if they do so because 'they're cuuute'. But no, when I was a teenager, I was listening to bands (bands play instruments) that ROCKED. When I was a teenager, that was me in my most out of control years, and I was a walking Hendrix solo. This? It is 9 year old girl's 'first crush' "music". It's truly loathsome, mawkishly twee and maudlin and anyone post-puberty who likes this hasn't finished yet.
newberie
westlife definitely is the best,backstreet can't compete with westlife now, although they had a brilliant past...
wellerchap
tingkagol wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
Is this a joke thread?

Definitely not a joke. And unsurprisingly so. Alot of people actually like Westlife.

A lot of people like the Kardashians, Katie Price, alcopops & Big Brother.....bit that don't make 'em good. Confused
tingkagol
Precisely.