FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my config.php............

FMX-King
my config.php won't let me save. Will this do anything?
n0obie4life
We sure need more stuff.

Are you installing phpBB?

Are you installing it from scratch and during the installation process, they are telling you they can't modify your config.php?
yjwong
Permission settings...Maybe wrong.
Bondings
Apparantly the unzip command in php, sets the gid and uid to apache instead of yourself, which makes that you can't modify them with ftp and the file manager. A temporary solution might be to upload everything (unzipped) to your account.

I'm trying to find a better solution for this problem at the moment.
FMX-King
it says when im going to save the changes, it says that it's denied.
Vindictive
I find that if you keep a copy of the config.php on your pc and one on the server you can just make changes to the one on your pc first then upload it to your server without making the actual changes on the server which do occasionaly cause the access denied error.

But also be sure and check your Permission settings like yjwong said!
Aelita
if you are editing a file on the sever using an ftp client. The client has a problem, but try CHMOD the file to 777 then try it. shouldn'thave to do that though..
timlief
You need to CHMOD it to 777. in a ftp program: push right mouse button and choose atrributes or CHMOD
Daniel15
He won't be able to make any changes at all to the file, because according to the server, the web server's user owns the file, not yours. So, as far as the system is concerned, it's not your file!

The only way would probably be to ask Bondings.