FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

After Effects Is extremly slow on my computer?

jeremyhowell
I have just started using after effects CS5.5, and have noticed it is extremely laggy and slow on my computer. This is not normal, my computer is a quad core @ 3.4 GHz per core, I have multi processing enabled in after effects. I noticed the same problem with CS4 as well.

Basically just everything I do in it is slow and jumpy, like dragging text/images etc even just closing the program?

Help appreciated, thanks,

Jeremy
LostOverThere
That is very peculiar. What graphics card are you running? Likewise, how much memory does your system have?
jeremyhowell
Thanks for the reply, sorry was supposed to post that info. System has 4gb of DDR3 ram, and a HD 5800 1GB GFX card, so as you can see my system shouldn't really be the problem, unless I'm missing something?
weableandbob
How long ago did you install/reinstall Windows (at least I assume that's what you're using)?
jeremyhowell
I have been running Windows 7 on this machine for almost 2 years, although I did re-install it at the beginning of the year?
SultanMA
the answer of your problem is depending on how much is your ram?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the much u have is better. i assume that u have 4 gigabyte or more to get the full functionality of your nice processor.
LostOverThere
That is very odd indeed, and definitely sounds software related. My last suggestion would be to make sure all your drivers are up to date. If that doesn't help, contact an Adobe Support Forum.