FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hello world! :)

joe73
hello Smile i'm a new user, i have a question for you guys, this site is based on python?
ProfessorY91
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll notice that the forum is powered by phpBB, which is based on the PHP scripting language. I'm sure other users, like our mods and admins, will be able to tell you if there are any background python scripts running on the server. My guess is that there are, as Python is a fairly flexible language to work with and Frihost has a lot of uncommon features for a forum.
Hello_World
Hello World lol!

The web host accepts Python scripts.
Arty
I want to learn Python...
Radar
Arty wrote:
I want to learn Python...

Go for it. Python is a wonderfully simple, clean and powerful language. I absolutely recommend it. As for how to learn it, using the python.org tutorials as you have questions is probably a reasonable place to start.
michaelwoo
recommoned book, "core python programming"
Hello_World
If you want to learn Python in a way which teaches you also the computer science concepts as well, try MIT Intro to Computer Science, 6.0, in opencourseware.

It will take a bit longer but there is also a good community of people to help.

Other books include Learning Python the Hard Way, which seems very popular, and practice using Project Euler, and check out Web2Py and its book, and the Python docs themselves are very good.