FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My female cat pees standing up

ironrectangle
Old picture, I originally posted it to reddit, but I thought I'd share. She still does this (over 1 year old now). I've ruled out anything "wrong" with her internally, both through visits to the vet and by the fact that she's been doing this for a long, long time.

Peterssidan
Maybe she have seen you stand up peeing and thinks that's how to do it. If she don't have the box, will she pee like a normal cat or stand up like this? I think it must be hard to stand up without anything to hold on to.
ironrectangle
I've not seen how she would behave either outside (without the box) or with a littler box without the "rim" like this one has.

My wife jokes that, because her litter box was in our bathroom for the first half of her life, she's been paying too much attention to the way I do it Razz
rogue_skydragon
Wow! That's absolutely ridiculous. Pets seem to mimic humans much more easily as the days go by. Haha.
Hello_World
LOLcat!!!!!
loremar
Wow, we're witnessing at a new evolutionary process. Shocked
This is a new species called felis erectos. Laughing
menino
lol, nice pic.
I wonder how she let you take a pic of her peeing.

Its good that she's peeing in the box and not on the carpet or anywhere that it will stink. At least witht he box you can clean it up later.
dude_xyx
That's a really strange thing ! I would have expected this from a male cat but a female cat ! xDDD
codersfriend
Looks like you train your cat well Smile
abhizz
Nice cat its looking cute!
Hexes
If I were a cat I would look like this \/ after seeing your photo:

There are stones in her litter tray?
nigam
your cat is very funny...first time i saw a cat peeing like that...lol...
oreogami
Ok, this is kinda disturbing... Confused
But it is pretty funny. Laughing
mochipie
That's an interesting habit that your cat has. xD A lot of my neighbors have cats, but I'm pretty sure none of them pee like that...
lilysc1
Strange. I've never heard of a cat peeing standing up.
TheGremlyn
I've never seen a cat do that before. The only thing one of ours cats does is he'd start peeings in a sitting position but then he would stand up so he was just standing normally. For a little while he was peeing into the wall but my sister got some litter boxes with covers on them and that saves the walls now.