FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free anti virus

saberlivre
What do you think is the best anti virus software?
Such a program must be frequently updated and completely free versions available.
cybersa
Best free antivirus in my opinion is Avast.
First time it took some time to update.
Then it will update daily.
I think update size is only 50KB-100KB.
dude_xyx
I use Comodo internet security suite. It's pretty good.
loremar
I like Avast. But you have to register it every year. What's good about it is that it's versatile and proven to have high detection rates. It identifies different behaviors and heuristics from malwares and viruses.
weableandbob
A lot of people like Avast, while others like myself like Avira. They're both very good.
socials
If you are using windows 7, get microsoft security essentials. Really good and does not slow down your pc.
xSteam
Exactly... Why not using Microsoft Security Essentials?
It's free and comes in Windows Update.

I personally don't use real-time Anti-Virus at all, because they're annoying with some apps, but everytime I format a computer of someone else I always install Microsoft Security Essentials.
ProfessorY91
I cannot believe how often these threads pop up. Seriously. Every week or something like that. The best free antivirus program can be found here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-42288.html

According to the poll NOD32 is currently in the lead, and Avast! follows as a close second. Personally I use Avast.

Cheers.
loremar
ProfessorY91 wrote:
I cannot believe how often these threads pop up. Seriously. Every week or something like that. The best free antivirus program can be found here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-42288.html

According to the poll NOD32 is currently in the lead, and Avast! follows as a close second. Personally I use Avast.

Cheers.

Well, Antivirus programs always update regularly as new viruses emerge from the internet. I guess it would make sense if "Best Antivirus Programs" threads are up to date?
ProfessorY91
loremar wrote:
ProfessorY91 wrote:

Cheers.

Well, Antivirus programs always update regularly as new viruses emerge from the internet. I guess it would make sense if "Best Antivirus Programs" threads are up to date?

That's when you go post in the original official thread to renew the discussion. Or, if you please, run a search.
achowles
I use Microsoft Security Essentials. Regular updates. It's not bloated like a lot of anti virus programs have become and it doesn't keep hitting you with false positives.
welshsteve
On the paid-for side I would choose Kaspersky Internet Security. It's the one I have always used if purchasing.

On the free side, Avast is pretty good. Comodo Internet Security is very good and comprehensive for a free program. Microsoft Security Essentials is also very good and works very well (as it should do) with Windows 7.
haola
Avira is so good ,and i have use it for a long time.
the-guide
Avast is the best free antivirus for me, I have been using it for years.

menino
I've started using a free antivirus called cloud antivirus from Panda soft Antivirus Co.

The link is below :-
http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/

Its quite small for its memory footprint, and doesnt really require to be updated, as the program kind of rums from the central server mainly, so all updates are from that server, hence its called cloud antivirus.

The only issue is that sometimes it prompts you to upgrade to the pro version, which you can choose to ignore.
Amann
saberlivre wrote:
What do you think is the best anti virus software?
Such a program must be frequently updated and completely free versions available.

I prefer avast its trusted brand even comodo is good ... any think thats free is good Wink. anywaz in paid veersion Kasperky and bitdefender are best .My personal fav is Bitdefender
tamilparks
i like avast a very good free antivirus
menino
My friend recently downloaded the free version of bitdefender and after that his Internet explorer would not work.
After troubleshooting, it was found that the free version of bitdefender was the culprit, and it was mentioned that this issue does not happen with the commercial version. Shocked
therimalaya
I think all the antivirus are same if you are updating the virus database frequently. Though, I casually use avira Antivirus. I think it is good one.
sentimentvcf
For me, the best antivirus is kaspersky
phe1980
I prefer avira than avast b'cause avast use more cpu than avira (my test)
and avira safe me from hack.biz (malware) while my friend computer that use avast was infected.
vidafenomenal
seem like many votes to avast.