FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Super powers that you wished you had

CuddleBunny
SUPER POWERS!

We've all seen super hero cartoon shows and movies that had characters soaring across the sky, elastic arms that could stretch to the other side of the room and others that had the supernatural ability to become invisible. What super powers do you want right now? Yes, right now! Smile It could be something crazy like not needing to sleep, not needing to go to the bathroom. Be creative Very Happy

Right now I wish I could read minds.... (not very creative, but that's what I wish I could do right now). So what is the super power you wish you had?
Nameless
Omnipotence.

/thread?
shivaghimire
Hehehe.. Oh! if I had power to disappear, when I desire then?
May be I would be employed to news stations so that they needn't need to do call bypass or phone hack to get information. I would go listen and give information.
deanhills
I'd like to be able to both fly to the moon and dive to the deepest parts of the ocean without having to wear a special suit or goggles. I also would like to be invisible and walk through walls. Just imagine how cool it would be if you could walk through walls, and maybe even through people.
Bikerman
Nameless wrote:
Omnipotence.

/thread?
Hmm...I see your point but I think there is sufficient difference to let this one go (omnipotence is the ultimate superpower in that it gives you every conceivable super-power in one hit).
loremar
Have anyone seen the anime Deathnote. I like Yagami's powers.
Write down the person you want to kill and how he'd be killed.
In the case of Yagami, he killed all the criminals with massive heart attacks, listing criminals from his dad's (who is a police chief) files.

Hehehehehehe... Twisted Evil I'm writing down Bikerman's name..

Wait......Confused What's his real name by the way?Think

Hehehhe... Laughing Just kidding. No hatred.
CuddleBunny
yes, ive watched deathnote before. It was quite a unique anime, i liked it. But havng yagami's powers would be so evil. If i knew you had his powers im not sure whether people would like to be friends with you, lol.
loremar
CuddleBunny wrote:
yes, ive watched deathnote before. It was quite a unique anime, i liked it. But havng yagami's powers would be so evil. If i knew you had his powers im not sure whether people would like to be friends with you, lol.

Lucky them I don't have a Facebook account. I could be killing everyone not in my friend's list. LOL Laughing
menino
I would love to fly also... and fly into space, and visit different galaxies even... so that would mean not just flying super powers, but also temperature control (since its really really cold in space), and ability to breathe without oxygen for at least some time. - Much like superman.

Also the ability to heal fast, like wolverine.

Also the ability to post in threads like these, without having the need for a computer or laptop. Laughing
deanhills
loremar wrote:
In the case of Yagami, he killed all the criminals with massive heart attacks, listing criminals from his dad's (who is a police chief) files.
My kind of movie. Definitely. I guess when one feels a very strong sense of lack of justice this has to be the ultimate of fantasies. Twisted Evil
loremar
deanhills wrote:
loremar wrote:
My kind of movie. Definitely. I guess when one feels a very strong sense of lack of justice this has to be the ultimate of fantasies. Twisted Evil

LOL.
The Anime is pretty intriguing really. And many controversies surrounds Deathnote. One particular is China banned Deathnote because it seemed to have affected the mental condition of students. They made their own Deathnote version and wrote everyone they hated. A lot of people got insane watching it too. I also read a news about a murder in some other country and saw that he wrote a Deathnote before he did the crime(It said he was Kira, the Deathnote character).

The Anime is about two young very intellectual students battling each other in a cat and mouse detective game. Yagami(as the protagonist/villain) who uses the power of Deathnote hides by the name of Kira and kills criminals by listing their names. A student detective is trying to identify the person behind it(the one who can kill without laying a finger) and hides by the name of "L" to protect himself. But Yagami made a complex plan and successfully killed L.

In the end, two highly gifted children, independent detective and member of mafia, worked on the case. They (themselves are also Psycho) used dirty tricks to reveal Yagami's real identity and finally he died after getting defeated. The Anime was completely VIOLENT!

The power of Deathnote is really pretty dangerous once it gets to some twisted mind's hands.
cresvale
jeje. I wish I could be a little bit rich.
deanhills
loremar wrote:
The power of Deathnote is really pretty dangerous once it gets to some twisted mind's hands.
Right. When you put it like you did in your post, it can be really dangerous as obviously it can catch the imagination of those who are into anime a lot and who have a beeef with society.
Very Happy
chasbeen
There is a saying
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"
They are generally talking about (Usually) people with money. Money is normally hand in hand with influence.

Give anyone super powers and they would almost certainly be corrupted.

If I was granted a special, power I would look out for this (It's something I have thought about)

If you hold off on these "natural desires" then something else happens, it's a kind of wisdom but it feels much better. If the "natural desires" are followed then of course there is the massive buzz, but it dissipates quickly..
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
Not everyone will use their powers the same however. You may get those who will be corrupted by it, as they are right now, and you will find those who will use it to do good, like Superman, Batman and Spiderman .... Very Happy
loremar
deanhills wrote:
chasbeen wrote:
Not everyone will use their powers the same however. You may get those who will be corrupted by it, as they are right now, and you will find those who will use it to do good, like Superman, Batman and Spiderman .... Very Happy

But for every superhero there is a supervillain who wants to overcome him and make an even nastier sinister plan that put the city in danger. When the superhero wins, the supervillain strikes back. It's an endless war. Just think of how many properties they've destroyed because of there powers. And would you not be bothered if vigilantes are taking over your city? Superpowers are actually nothing but trouble, really.Smile
deanhills
loremar wrote:
deanhills wrote:
chasbeen wrote:

But for every superhero there is a supervillain who wants to overcome him and make an even nastier sinister plan that put the city in danger. When the superhero wins, the supervillain strikes back. It's an endless war. Just think of how many properties they've destroyed because of there powers. And would you not be bothered if vigilantes are taking over your city? Superpowers are actually nothing but trouble, really.Smile
Totally agreed. It's a story of our lives there. Good forever battling evil.
Very Happy
LittleBlackKitten
Hard choice.

I'm torn between flying, money generation, or turning into a house cat.
deanhills
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
house cat.
This provided a giggle. But that is true. House cats look like one of the most contented animals I've ever seen.
Very Happy
loremar
Yeah, I also wonder what's it like to be a cat. But I'm not sure how a mouse would taste like? Smile
menino
loremar wrote:
Yeah, I also wonder what's it like to be a cat. But I'm not sure how a mouse would taste like? Smile

lol @ Littleblackkitten's housecat, and loremar's "how a mouse tastes like"... I hope you are talking about the mouse like in tom and jerry, and not the computer mouse. Laughing

With regards to super power's counterparts, yeah, I guess there is always that possibility that you will have an arch enemy supervillain, who will get at nothing to try and beat you over and over again.
Even if superman existed, and saved the world... in a lot of countries... he probably would be sued for damage to properties or even flying without a license, or violating airspace etc.
deanhills
menino wrote:
Even if superman existed, and saved the world... in a lot of countries... he probably would be sued for damage to properties or even flying without a license, or violating airspace etc.
Right! All the litigation will be quite something .... Laughing
spring567
I hope I am to be more smart.
pll
I wished I could fly.
That should be amazing to fly over every city in the world and see what happens in the streets, the buildings and other stuff.

It could also be great to become invisible (just like Harry Potter) with and invisibility cape on.
sudipbanerjee
Super power to go anywhere in a moment
deanhills
pll wrote:
I wished I could fly.
That should be amazing to fly over every city in the world and see what happens in the streets, the buildings and other stuff.
My dream too, and also to float on a cloud like Rainbow Dash does.

Navigator
To have three arms and be a super cook.
spinout
haha, super cook... with super beams instead Smile
_AVG_
I wish I was omniscient; just think of the implications. I'd know about any possible event in the future (so would I be able to stop all of them?)

Aah ... if I could know the absolute truth Shocked
mahirh
deanhills wrote:
pll wrote:
I wished I could fly.

that's what we have aeroplanes and airships for
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
deanhills wrote:
pll wrote:
I wished I could fly.

that's what we have aeroplanes and airships for
Not the same. Imagine being cooped up in economy and squashed from all sides, and floating on a cloud. No comparison!
Laughing
Radar
I've been thinking about this, and I'd struggle to pick just one. At the very least, you'd hope for one that you could manipulate and twist into doing less-than-obvious things.
deanhills
Radar wrote:
I've been thinking about this, and I'd struggle to pick just one. At the very least, you'd hope for one that you could manipulate and twist into doing less-than-obvious things.
Right. It's almost like a fantasy of a list of attributes you want to have but can't have in your capacity as a human. And one attribute on the list is not quite enough.
Very Happy
loyal
Mindcontrol!
"These aren't the Jedi you're looking for"
"You WANT to make me a sandwhich"

This would probably be the most useful power. Probably one of the easiest to corrupt you too...
Ntham
Mind reader, flying,...
loremar
All this mentions about mind control and debate about governments and these violence in London had me recalled something. Very Happy
My avatar, Lelouch Lamperouge is a British Prince who has a power called Geass that control minds whoever he has visual contact. He used it to create an army called The Black Knights to wage war against The Holy Britannian Empire to avenge the death of his mother. Eventually he overthrown his father(a greedy king who wants immortality) and made himself the new Emperor of the world. Lelouch who lost the will to live, used tyranny to make every people gather their anger at him and in the end made a grand act by having his friend act a Hero and kill him in front of the crowd. His death was suppose to symbolize the end of all the major conflicts in the world.

This is a classic example of superpower used in evil to accomplish an ultimate good. So if I have to choose a superpower, mind control definitely goes into my top list. Cool
cybersa
Name:IMPOSSIBLE MAN
Power:IMPOSSIBLE is Nothing.
I want to do all IMPOSSIBLE things like flying,Changing,etc.....
chatrack
Hi,
I wish I could hear from large distance, without going near to the place.
odayguide
I wish to be happy.jeje.
congra
if i could i hope i have endless konwledges and nobody can defeat me .face any questions can quickly answer it fluently.
LostOverThere
When I was younger, I used to wish I had the power to make people spontaneously vomit. Admittedly, even today I'd find this power to be quite useful when dealing with people I dislike. Heh, yeah I'm insane.
ratanegra
I wish I could live eternally and remember everything I ever see, hear, etc. If I could do that, I would be able to do many other things and maybe have other superpowers like having a mathematical mind and being able to foresee the future (due to learning the paterns that rule earthly events).
Magikscape
I agree with you, I would want to read minds!
The_unnamed_label
I'd like to have the power to control time!!
Deferment
wish i was an avatar Razz Flying with my kite too work Razz Or with all these rain steer it back into the clouds and blow these clouds far away from me. When it's cold just rub my hands to make fire haha
loremar
Deferment wrote:
wish i was an avatar Razz Flying with my kite too work Razz Or with all these rain steer it back into the clouds and blow these clouds far away from me. When it's cold just rub my hands to make fire haha

Are you talking about Aang? Boy that would be fun. Very Happy
Deferment
Haha yes im talking about aang Razz One of the good animated series. Where was the mastermind thinking about when he made this serie Razz
Utopia GFR
Well, right now, I wish I could be invisible to people, that I could teleport myself to some very distant place... I wish I could also fly (with or without wings).

Even though all of this is scientifically impossible, we can still picture our wildest dreams and fantasies and keep them somehow alive in our minds Laughing

Writers and film directors made great use of our imaginary worlds by creating science-fiction books and movies that happen to be in most cases blockbusters.

CuddleBunny wrote:
SUPER POWERS!

We've all seen super hero cartoon shows and movies that had characters soaring across the sky, elastic arms that could stretch to the other side of the room and others that had the supernatural ability to become invisible. What super powers do you want right now? Yes, right now! Smile It could be something crazy like not needing to sleep, not needing to go to the bathroom. Be creative Very Happy

Right now I wish I could read minds.... (not very creative, but that's what I wish I could do right now). So what is the super power you wish you had?