FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do I put my files on the hosting site and what is FTP??

supalightnin
Hi guys I registered a free hosting account on freehostingcloud.com and I dont know how to upload my web page files that I made using adobe dreamweaver. Pls help because I dont know how to put them on the hosting website. In fact, I don't know how to put them on any hosting website and I don't know what FTP is either. Pls get back to me as soon as possible and I will appreciate any help given. Thx so much Smile
cybersa
I think this forum is only for Firhoster.
Sorry. Sad
Asap170
supalightnin wrote:
Hi guys I registered a free hosting account on freehostingcloud.com and I dont know how to upload my web page files that I made using adobe dreamweaver. Pls help because I dont know how to put them on the hosting website. In fact, I don't know how to put them on any hosting website and I don't know what FTP is either. Pls get back to me as soon as possible and I will appreciate any help given. Thx so much Smile

If you are registered on here why are you using another hosting website. I don't understand if someone is making a website how they don't know how to upload their sites. just saying.
sonam
Asap170 wrote:
supalightnin wrote:

If you are registered on here why are you using another hosting website. I don't understand if someone is making a website how they don't know how to upload their sites. just saying.

Jeah, this forum is for members hosted on Frihost.

@Asap170
Dreamweaver have own FTP and you need to know some specifications different then other FTP's. For example Dreamweaver need to have chosen "Passive FTP" otherwise you cannot connect your site. Most others FTP don't use anything or "Active FTP".

Sonam
Asap170
True, but I think he/she doesn't know what FTP is to start with. I know the active and passive. It's really changing.
ridemeup
i have no idea about freehosting but if it like paid hosting then you are probably provided cpanel ( control panel). So you can upload your website source file through cpanel > file manager.
FTP means "File Transfer Protocol". upload source file via ftp, you need to have ftp protocol too.
ocalhoun
supalightnin wrote:
In fact, I don't know how to put them on any hosting website and I don't know what FTP is either.

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol
It is similar, but different, to the HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) that your browser normally uses.

The easiest way for you to use it will probably be like so:
1- Open windows explorer (Not internet explorer: the program you use to browse files on your local computer).
2- In the address bar, type in: FTP://www.XXXXXXXXXXXX/
(Replace the XXXX's with the address of your new website... Probably your website name.freehostingcloud.com)
3- If you got the address right, a dialog box should pop up asking you for a username and password. The correct username and password will probably be the same as your account username and password with that host... If not, you'll have to ask that host what your username and password for FTP are.
4- Once logged in there, you should be able to move files to and from it just like you wold on your local computer.

--Of course, I might recommend moving to Frihost instead.
...For one thing, we apparently have much better customer support!

It's normally against the rules to advertise other hosting on the forums here, but it's pretty evident that the OP wasn't made with the intention of advertising... And if that host's support is so bad that people have to look elsewhere for answers, it's not going to convince anybody to use that host!
bruks
ftp://<Login>:<Pass>@<site.com>