FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Good Friday

shivaghimire
We generally celebrate good Friday. Its fun to celebrate because the coming Saturday or Sunday is holiday. But do you have realized that most of the accidents and bad things goes on Friday and most of the Fridays are black Friday.
I am from Nepal, Our king was murdered with his whole family on Friday night, many of our good leaders are also had been killed on Friday and we see many accidents on Friday. You recall your days of accidents and histories and reply if these things gone on Friday. I am just want to find either Friday is really black or good.
It might be possible that enjoyment and parties to celebrate good Friday had brought black on that day.
deanhills
I know what you mean, but for me it is entirely in the mind. People can also talk one another into mind stuff like this. I love Fridays. Particularly in the West but also in the East it's my free day. And that of course is in my mind too. I can be superstitious in that I don't like to walk under ladders, but I think that is practical. It's always better to walk around a construction site than through one.

I remember in South Africa there was a political leader who was born on Friday 13th, so depending who liked him, it could either have been a good omen or a bad omen.
loremar
Friday is good because I'm always looking forward for the weekend. It somehow reminds me that everyday is not the same.

During Good Friday, I used to like to watch religious movies such as life of Jesus Christ and Bible stories when I was a kid. But now I don't watch those anymore. Smile
spring567
Friday is a normal day for me.
achowles
For me Friday is deadline day. A bit more hectic than a normal day but other than that just another weekday, really.
deanhills
Friday is a Sunday in the UAE. So Friday is always a good day around here.
spinout
friday is good is you don't have a long work week in the back of your head... zzz sleeping on the sofa!
_AVG_
I enjoy Fridays but I have started hating the word "Friday"; especially because of the extremely irritating "Friday Friday" song which was all over the place a couple of months ago ... Surprised
jmlworld
Friday is a weekend day here, but since I'm my own boss, it's not much different from other days. It has another meaning for me though: Friday is the day I was born Wink
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
Friday is a weekend day here, but since I'm my own boss, it's not much different from other days. It has another meaning for me though: Friday is the day I was born Wink
Ha! Forgot about that. I was born on a Friday as well. Cool
Utopia GFR
The only "bad friday" which has been so much popularized (throughout TV and books) is probably friday the 13'th.

Quote:
The fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia (Frigga being the name of the Norse goddess for whom "Friday" is named and triskaidekaphobia meaning fear of the number thirteen), or paraskevidekatriaphobia a concatenation of the Greek words Paraskeví (Παρασκευή, meaning "Friday"), and dekatreís (δεκατρείς, meaning "thirteen") attached to phobía (φοβία, from phóbos, φόβος, meaning "fear"). The latter word was derived in 1911[citation needed] and first appeared in a mainstream source in 1953.

You might not be superstitious at all but if your friends keep on hammering you with potential bad luck events, you might eventually start thinking that something could actually happen during that day Rolling Eyes
deanhills
Utopia GFR wrote:
You might not be superstitious at all but if your friends keep on hammering you with potential bad luck events, you might eventually start thinking that something could actually happen during that day Rolling Eyes
Right, it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy of a kind. Like the economy, sometimes people with the help of the media wish themselves into a depressed economy.
Smile
congra
i both think friday is a normal day. for me ,only the company pay wages day is a good day .
vidafenomenal
because saturday is coming.